Elevation Details ?

jgilbert4185

I have what I think is a reasonably complete design done. I need to be able to generate elevations with measurements to send to my SIP fabricator for wall construction.  When I generate elevations from my design it appears to me that some features visible on the views overlap parts of the walls.

What I need to be able to produce is a buildable set of drawings for permits and construction.  Any ideas? I've attached a drawing file if that would help.

hickory hill v6.plan

Are you looking to pay someone to help you ( what the Seeking Forum is for) or are you just asking for some help? , in which case you would be better off over in the Q&A Forum ...with a better explanation of the issues and perhaps some screen grabs of them too , as I don't see anything obvious in the supplied Plan.

You should do your Forum Signature too , as people will need to know the Software and Version you are using especially.

M.

16 hours ago, jgilbert4185 said:

I have what I think is a reasonably complete design done. I need to be able to generate elevations with measurements to send to my SIP fabricator for wall construction.  When I generate elevations from my design it appears to me that some features visible on the views overlap parts of the walls.

What I need to be able to produce is a buildable set of drawings for permits and construction.  Any ideas? I've attached a drawing file if that would help.

hickory hill v6.plan

I dont see the issue your speaking about on the elevations, it looks to be a reasonably complete model, although probably does need some work to make it a set of appropriate construction documents. Like Joey said, really depends on where you are building and what they will require.

• 2 months later...

Anywhere the I.R.C is used, it's pretty standard to do a fully dimensioned floorpan of each level at min. 1/4" scale, four directional (NESW) exterior elevations, with story-pole dimensions, and as many structural "section" elevations (with framing elements (and maybe their labels) turned on as it takes to show the CEO how each section of the building will actually be built. (Rim joists, P.T. sill plates, sill-seal, anchor bolts with embedment dimensions, joist hangers, rafter hurricane ties, rebar in the foundation wall are examples.) That also entails dimensions and descriptive callouts that eliminate guesswork on the part of the CEO as to what he is actually looking at, and re-assure the Inspector that you have a competent knowledge of the code to which you are building. If you don't specify it, the builder could use his own imagination, citing your plans (or lack thereof) and the battle would begin. No CEO wants to deal with that scenario.

If you don't specify it, the builder could use his own imagination

this would be a concern for a homeowner that is creating plans to then have builders bid on

if the homeowner has already selected a builder then its not an issue

we did work for multiple builders in the DC Metro area for remodels and new homes

our permit sets were aimed at providing the info the permit office needed to grant the permit

the builders knew what they were doing and didn't need to be told how to do their job

they submitted the plans with their signature/stamp - it was their responsibility to do it right

we had a 100% success rate in having the plans accepted by the plan authorities the first time

Lew

17 hours ago, DG1949 said:

If you don't specify it, the builder could use his own imagination,

No matter what, the building will have to meet the governing codes, whether it is specified or not. I don't think any jurisdiction will allow a builder to just "use his imagination"

Plan requirement vary greatly across the country, in our area (Atlanta, Ga. ) there are places that still don't even require a set of plans. That was my point to the OP