Is there an additive measurement tool in Chief?

Clarice

I may be old fashion, but I'm used to using a rolling scalemaster tool to do takeoffs on paper plans.

I use this to measure lengths of various materials.

Does Chief have a tool that I can use to measure lengths continuously?  If I have a bunch of walls I'd like to

measure each length and keep a running total.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Aloha,

Clarice

Mahalo!

I was hoping for something that I could use for separated walls.  On paper plans with my scalemaster - rolling scale ruler - I would roll over my walls one at a time

and it would keep a running total.  

I was thinking that this would be pretty simple with the tape measure tool if it could keep a running total.

Aloha,

Clarice

I have used Bluebeam Revu for several years to do takeoffs from PDFs. Even if I have created something in Chief, to me, Revu is my 'go to' application. Great for a really quick tile takeoff to send to my supplier. I think it would work well for what you are wanting to do - every line you can draw over a wall will be included in a markup list that can be group totaled, sorted, etc. All to scale because you can 'calibrate' Revu  to match the scale of whatever you open.  I know there are most likely ways to do some of the same tasks in Chief, but Revu is very intuitive right from the start.

Give the trial download a shot.- you won't be disappointed. They also have some sample and training videos.