Angled Cabinet With 12" Front Leg

Heather_Anderson

...... maybe more toe kick will be available (if needed) than what I had available with the corner cabinet. .....

I do not see the toe kick as a BIG PROBLEM.  The toe kick never seems to work for many custom applications,  but the solution is pretty simple.  Eliminate the toe kick,  shorten the height of the cabinet by 4" and then raise the cabinet off the floor by 4" and then add a psolid 4" tall toe kick.

Sounds more complicated than it is.....  a Tim O'Donnell solution...... where is that guy?  He and Glenn Woodward are in the same class.

Eliminate the toe kick,  shorten the height of the cabinet by 4" and then raise the cabinet off the floor by 4" and then add a psolid 4" tall toe kick.

Scott:

nice "workaround"

Hoping that CA will eliminate this "workaround" soonest

these are the things that make using Chief very frustrating

Lew

Scott:

I miss having T.O. on the forum ... definitely a genius.  He's probably still plugging away with v10.  Yes, G.W. is right up there with the best.  Don't count yourself out either ... and for willingness to go the extra mile to help folks, I think you're #1 in many ways.  Actually, there are quite a few users who post here that, when I see they have contributed to a thread, I like to go see what they said because I know their input is going to be on target and most likely their advice and/or offered solutions correct.  There's a bunch of newer users who don't post often either that seem to have a great grasp of using Chief as well.  By the way, that's a great tip on the toe kick. 

Here's my stab at the two-cabinet method and with an added panel on the right side, this time with a face-frame cabinet(s):

post-191-0-61202800-1410107506_thumb.jpg          post-191-0-66680400-1410107563_thumb.jpg

Now to go do a front brake job on the Carol's car.  Hasta.

OK, back onto this one. I played a bit more.

Eliminate the toe kick,  shorten the height of the cabinet by 4" and then raise the cabinet off the floor by 4" and then add a psolid 4" tall toe kick.

Scott:

nice "workaround"

Hoping that CA will eliminate this "workaround" soonest

these are the things that make using Chief very frustrating

Lew

The toe kick thing is doable.

You need to uncheck Flat Sides before converting the Standard cabinet to a Corner cabinet.

When you then convert the Standard to a Corner, the toe kick sticks!

Getting closer.

The only thing left to do is place a door handle on each side panel.   

post-106-0-45599000-1410169864_thumb.jpg

Glenn:

You're the man.  Worked perfectly.  Thanks for figuring that out.  It would be nice to have the option via the dbx to place hardware on the side panels.  Also, I cannot get Chief to dimension to the right side outer corner, from the wall out to the corner.  I think that is a bug that should be fixed.