Strange Dashed Line...

Designer1

The plan I attached has a strange dashed line in the right window seat area.  The only way I can access this line is by selecting cad to view and then it says its a polyline.  If I delete it in cad to view it doesn't delete it in plan view.  For some reason im unable to access this line in plan view to get rid of it. 

Any ideas??

I don't have access to Chief at the moment as I am travelling.

But what you describe sounds like a ceiling line.

Ie, a change between a flat ceiling and a sloping ceiling.

It is on it's own layer.....maybe Ceiling Break Line or similar.

Check to see if you have the layer "Ceiling Break Lines" checked "on", if it is on that layer you can at least turn it on or off as you wish. Such lines are not selectable in plan view but can only be turned on or off by way of Layer Display Options dialog.

Ceiling break lines are caused by roof plane edges intruding into an established flat ceiling (coffered ceiling).

If that is not it then please post your plan as you originally intended.

DJP

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in response.  The file was too big too upload by 2 mb.  I went back in to delete some items and I deleted the roof plane that was right above it and poof, the line was gone!  So you were all right, it was a roof plane.  I guess by having the file too big, I figured it out.  I pretty much deleted everything but that small roof plane and the very last thing I deleted was the issue.  Thanks for all your help!

Just to reiterate what some of the other people said above… it probably wasn't a "roof plane". It was probably a ceiling break line. They are associated with roof and ceiling plans but they are not an actual thing in and of themselves. It's just a piece of information that is automatically given to you when 2 ceiling planes intersect.