johnny

Wall - "tabbing"

Not sure why this is a problem for me in X10 but i can no longer tab-enter a wall value without the angle messing up things.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

THanks

• Upvote 1

It works differently in X10 compared to X9. I don't see how it would work with angles other than 90 degrees.

Not so sure it ever worked properly but it seems something is really messed up now.   Tech submission ?

Yes, this worked in X9, but now seems to be broken.

It works if you type in the angle.

Chief seems to be entering the incorrect angle.

In X9, if you turn 90 degrees, either the X or Y value -- which ever one is appropriate, is 0, and you can enter a length in the other field.

In X10, one of the fields is not 0. You must manually zero it.

Eric, the problem occurs when you use Polar and Relative to Start.

Funny, I thought that the tab entry method was acting up!!  I have always made a habit of double checking the angle when I hit tab to move things though, and so I never fully realized what was going on.  You are absolutely correct though Johnny, there is a problem in X10.  It works fine in some circumstances, such as when drawing a brand new wall/line (not using the diamond shaped edit handle) or while in continuous draw mode, but it does not work in many other circumstances (most notably when dragging off a new wall/line section when using the diamond edit handle or when moving the corner of a polyline based object)... 

Thanks for pointing this out.  I have reported it.

Good to know this is a bug.  I guess we should submit it.

The tab is acting up when I grab a side of a poly line,  I start to resize by dragging a side,  hit the tab key,  the dimension dialog box opens and then the number I may put in does not work.