Fine Homebuilding Ad

johnny

Chief is running an advertisement in Fine Home building that contains a rendering said to have been done in the app.  However, I can't seem to duplicate its effects of being almost a cross between a ray-trace and artistic visual.  I know some might look at this and assume its easy to do, but there are some surprisingly subtle details/visuals I can't replicate in Chief.

Does anyone have an idea how this was done?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/company/pressgraphics/magazine-ads/home-design.html

I've been getting great results with Chief's ray-tracer, here's a project I just finished. Everything was modeled (except for the grass & mulch which are from my library) and rendered in X10.

Clarieon Woods 01a.jpg

Rich maybe right ?  X9 if that is a Raytrace, as I see Glass reflections which I don't think I have seen in X10 but I haven't done many Raytraces in the Latest version, been waiting for them to update all the materials after ruining them for PBR.....

The walk-through movie is in Vector view or is something screwy on my end ? looks nothing like the image in the link above

M.

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

The walkthrough movie is in Vector view or is something screwy on my end ? looks nothing like the image in the link above

Agree.  A bit disappointing , can't see a reason to downgrade to Vector in a marketing pitch.