Saving X10 file as X9 & background issue

EmmaCox

We recently just upgraded our chief architect from X9 to X10 and I have a few questions:

Is there any way to save a chief X10 file as an X9 file?

Also, working on X10 I can't figure out how to add a background image to the 3D perspectives. On X9 you would go to 3D on the toolbar > 3D view defaults > backdrop > select backdrop... Now on X10 you go to 3D on the toolbar > 3D view defaults and there is no option to select a backdrop.

Thanks in advance!

Backgrounds can now be setup for each camera in the camera DBX or Camera Defaults.

Sorry no known way to go back unless you are speaking of an X9 file that was brought forward and then there will be a usable copy in your archive folder.

Some formats will transfer back depending on what you are wanting to achieve like a .DWG file for example but not a .plan file.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EmmaCox said:

Okay found it in the defaults! Thank you :)

And yes, I'm trying to transfer it back but it's a plan file.

Unfortunately no way to open files from a newer version as noted by the Others above , so I recommend saving the Plan in X9 as Your-Filename_x10 , and then Open it and immediately re-save it in X10 , ( ignore warning) so there is no way Chief can make the Original File in-accessible to X9 (Older Versions can't Open Newer Version Files)  and you have a Backup if you need to go back.  You should really be backing up all files to an external backup Drive and perhaps the Cloud too....as someone on the Forum just found out when his Laptop was stolen and he lost almost 3yrs work.....

X10 is showing some Issues with Plans brought forward that I've run into , so I am currently thinking that unless there is a reason to bring a Plan into x10 to keep working on it in X9 until these issues are worked out in the next few Updates.

M.