SNestor

Door Color in Library Preview Pane

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me why my doors in the library preview pane appear to have a dark color on the exterior side?  My door defaults are set so that each side should be white.  So...what other setup could be controlling how these doors are being displayed?  

 

Thanks as always for any help!

 

Here are screen clips of my defaults...

5a8f86047c5c7_DoorsinLibrary1.thumb.png.b18e2bef9258ade5aee9d0c56d5de592.png  5a8f8605a6dc7_DoorsinLibrary2.thumb.png.0ff6e2f4b9dbf3e23addf73c2898808b.png  5a8f860665ee4_DoorsinLibrary3.thumb.png.1c5966b6c2723840484d9a5195071f53.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you have Shadows on in Standard View ? , switch it to Vector View and see....

 

M.

 

***edit... Shadowy / Dark in mine too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the library is global, and does not respond to plan level changes in defaults.

 

If you have 2 plans open with different defaults, the library would need to respond to each one, and Chief is not set up for working on multiple plans -- one of my gripes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve,  Your P04 is and interior Door and your E14 seems to be correct as an Exterior door.

 

What Eric is saying may be more valid.

Edited by Chopsaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Steve,  Your P04 is and interior Door and your E14 seems to be correct as an Exterior door.

 

Chop...no, if you look at the material list for the E14 door...I've specified the exterior side of the door to be "white".

 

4 minutes ago, solver said:

I'm guessing the library is global, and does not respond to plan level changes in defaults.

 

If you have 2 plans open with different defaults, the library would need to respond to each one, and Chief is not set up for working on multiple plans -- one of my gripes.

 

Eric...thanks for that info...but I only have one plan open in X10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I open the library in X9...the doors are white on both sides.  So...therefore it's got to be a setting in X10.  Maybe something I setup differently in X9...or something I haven't setup correctly or differently in X10.  

 

What a pain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNestor said:

but I only have one plan open in X10.

 

Think of it this way. If you create an object in one plan and place it in the library, it's there for every plan, not just the plan you were in when it was created.

 

Your defaults work for items placed from the library, but do not change the library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Chop...no, if you look at the material list for the E14 door...I've specified the exterior side of the door to be "white".

 

Yes and that appears to be correct.  The first image you have posted with the dark color is a P04 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the All new Lighting in X10, I think..... shadows are on by default in all 3D Views now ( including Previews and DBX's) , we can't control them all though.....I just switch it to Vector ...you can set it to use Vector in Preferences too... the Library has it own Control , so you can leave it on Standard.

 

Turn the Door in the Preview and you can see it is Shadows...... Exterior side will be bright , Interior side Shadowy.... at least for me , click the " show wall button" , will show which side is in Shadow...

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, solver said:

 

Think of it this way. If you create an object in one plan and place it in the library, it's there for every plan, not just the plan you were in when it was created.

 

Your defaults work for items placed from the library, but do not change the library.

 

Eric...you lost me.  The door I'm displaying is in the Core Library...it's not an object I created.  It's a standard door.  My only issue is why does the door on the exterior side appear to be a dark color.  Its so dark I find It hard to believe its a shadow being cast.  If I open the exact door in X9 it appears white on both sides...in standard view.  

 

It has to be something related to X10...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

It looks like you have Shadows on in Standard View ? , switch it to Vector View and see....

 

M.

 

I'm not sure how to change to Vector View for the preview pane?  See pic below...

 

My preference is set to "Vector View"...but, it doesn't appear to be a vector view.  X10 is fun...:wacko:

 

5a8f8eaf10619_Defaults-CameraToolsX10.thumb.png.8ea7e928337d864d77fda532b0a597dc.png  5a8f8eadabb73_Defaults-CameraToolsPref1.thumb.png.2496e1ab4e6a25a3d29b22aa86fd3e72.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows are no better if you haven't checked..... It's like nobody turned the Lights on in my Plan in the DBX Preview .....looks fine in 3D camera.... I suspect it maybe cos in the DBX's there are no walls to reflect the new RCSS / Lighting.

 

click the " show wall button" i the Preiview , it will show which side is in Shadow...

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's the Library Browser Preview Option, as I mentioned above... it is Separate.... I have that on Standard....

 

Appearance>Dialog Previews>Vector

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

Windows are no better if you haven't checked..... It's like nobody turned the Lights on in my Plan in the DBX Preview .....looks fine in 3D camera.... I suspect it maybe cos in the DBX's there are no walls to reflect the new RCSS / Lighting.

 

click the " show wall button" i the Preiview , it will show which side is in Shadow...

 

M.

 

You don't get the "show wall" option in the library preview panel...only when you open a specific door/window that's actually in your plan. 

 

Is this a bug in X10...should I file a report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

that's the Library Preview , as I mentioned above it is Separate.... I have that on Standard....

 

Appearance>Dialog Previews>Vector

 

 

Changed my Preference as you instructed.  Shut down and restarted CA.  Didn't change a thing...

 

Is there a way to turn off shadows?

 

5a8f90740f612_Defaults-Appearance1.thumb.png.5af98f3047a13933bc8c73bacda498a6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same door in X9 on my system is different colors, identical to X10, so I have no idea why yours is different. I can find no where to change the colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No , as mentioned..... they don't call it a Bug but people have been complaining about the new lighting / Shadow system since Beta as it now used in every view only we can't control it in all Views.

 

Doesn't help in the Library Preview much that is Correct , I thought you were talking about the Door DBX view.... where I found it helped me....

 

You are correct there are no options in the Library like Show Wall...

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

No , as mentioned..... they don't call it a Bug but people have been complaining about the new lighting / Shadow system since Beta as it no is Used in every view only we can't control it in all Views.

 

Doesn't help in the Library Preview much that is Correct , I thought you were talking about the Door DBX view.... where I found it helped me....

 

You are correct there are no options in the Library like Show Wall...

 

Thanks Mick...I have changed the preference in both the library...and in "Preferences"...but, it does not change my preview pane display.  I'm not sure if I'm seeing "Standard View" or "Vector View"...its almost impossible to tell. 

 

5 minutes ago, solver said:

The same door in X9 on my system is different colors, identical to X10, so I have no idea why yours is different. I can find no where to change the colors.

 

Eric...thank you for taking time to try and help me with this.  In X9...if I change the color in "material defaults"...then, in defaults, the door preview panels are different colors on each side....but in the library preview panel the doors are white on both sides.  I have the library preview panel set to "vector view".  The attached pics are from X9.  

 

5a8f9582ee0a6_DoorDefaults-Color1.thumb.png.26ecad249ac146127b37c3b47a356dd5.png  5a8f9584bb040_DoorDefaults-Color2.thumb.png.09800cd92b61b989fbc8b3ecb37fc008.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also...just FYI.  I did submit a report on this to Chief.  I'll update when I get a response.  I gather the response will be something like..."yea, we know...we are working on it".  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Thanks Mick...I have changed the preference in both the library...and in "Preferences"...but, it does not change my preview pane display.  I'm not sure if I'm seeing "Standard View" or "Vector View"...its almost impossible to tell. 

 

Make a big difference here ....in the Door DBX Preview  .....not so much in the Library.....

 

5.thumb.JPG.6b74606babd457cb3085a720a25685ae.JPG7.thumb.JPG.b6aa81f01583ef0a60b24ed0bcbf03b4.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The library works a bit differently with different object types, but with doors, it seems the behaviour is this...that door previews always display the material that was assigned when they were first added to the library.  If the door is in your User Catalog and you right click>Open Symbol, the symbol preview will reflect your current plan's defaults, however the library preview will only reflect the original colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SNestor said:

In X9...if I change the color in "material defaults"...then, in defaults, the door preview panels are different colors on each side....but in the library preview panel the doors are white on both sides.  I have the library preview panel set to "vector view".

 

 

The 1st Pic is Interior Door Defaults and the Second One appears to be looking at Exterior Doors?   what is the Blue Colour ? your chosen Colour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The library works a bit differently with different object types, but with doors, it seems the behaviour is this...that door previews always display the material that was assigned when they were first added to the library.  If the door is in your User Catalog and you right click>Open Symbol, the symbol preview will reflect your current plan's defaults, however the library preview will only reflect the original colors. 

 

 

Makes Sense Chief's Library will always have whatever they assigned OOB ........ we can't change Chief Libraries, there is a good reason for that....

 

And why we need to set Plan (or template plan) Defaults for many Library Items before Drawing ( preferably ) ....

 

M.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

 

The 1st Pic is Interior Door Defaults and the Second One appears to be looking at Exterior Doors?   what is the Blue Colour ? your chosen Colour?

 

Those pics are from X9.  All they are showing is that if you specify one color for the exterior of the door..and another for the interior of the door then in the "Door Default" DBX...in the preview panel, Chief will display the colors chosen.  However, in the library, as Michael has stated above...the colors shown are those that were used when the object was created and added to the library.  

 

All this still does not clearly explain why an OOB library door symbol appears almost black on one side...and white on the other.  Am I the only one that sees this...or is this typical for the X10 library?  Even if I set the Preference to "vector view"...the door is almost black on one side.  

 

To me it's an X10 issue that needs to be corrected by Chief...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Am I the only one that sees this...or is this typical for the X10 library?

 

Yes I am seeing it as well and the color seems to match to the "slate" stock color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27858
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    danmor
    Newest Member
    danmor
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By KTKArch
      (x11) When I open an object to fill (closed polyline etc) I have a standard list and the library option that takes me to Chief's library. It currently only shows that I have patterns of my own making in User Library. It also appears that I can no longer open 3rd party .pat files as I could in earlier versions. And finally, I cannot find a basic EARTH pattern in the defaults. So either I somehow purged some of the patterns or there isn't a default EARTH pattern. And how can I import my earlier .pat files? Not sure if this happened after installing x12 or if it is just this one file. Not using x11 but to finish out this project.
    • By WannabeDesign
      Working in Windows 10 on a surface pro laptop. All updates for Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2020 have been installed. 
      The library keeps freezing me out of my plan when I type a 2nd search in the search bar of the library browser. I can see the cursor out of the plan window but can't do anything but save and close the program to start again. This is very annoying having to start and close the program continuously. Are there any fixes for this?
    • By Renerabbitt
      POST 0
       
      You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

       
      CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL NEW!!! 03/26/2020  
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     
       
      VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!
       
      No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT
       
      CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  
       
       
       
       
      Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,
       
      RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

       
       
    • By Designer100
      Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
      1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
      2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
      3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.
       
      x12 
       
      Newell Cheatham 
    • By cjanderson66
      I have a client that is requesting a (4) panel sliding Nana wall that will slide into a wall.  Has anyone created one?  This would be with a 4" exterior wall with a (4) panel slide by into a 10" wall with another 4" interior wall.  Trying to figure out the best way to create one.