Half Wall No Show

Cheryl_C_Crane

I don't know what's up here. I placed a Half Wall (Railing) 42" H behind the Blue Sofa - but it doesn't show up. It did cut a hole in the floor, though.

After I took the screen shots, I went to zip the file and got this error message from WinZip.

Appreciate your thoughts. I did try closing CA and re-opening and had the same results. I have not rebooted.

post-72-0-48108900-1406750689_thumb.png

post-72-0-03444800-1406750710_thumb.png

post-72-0-97146900-1406750731_thumb.png

Joe, Appreciate your trying to help without the full file.

I have updated - 2 days ago.

You raised a good question, however about the Layer. This home is going on a highly sloped lot and has railing around the exterior Porch. You caused me to check that and I found that it isn't showing either.

Here are addt'l screen shots.

Still scratching my head about WinZip.

Again, Thank You for taking your time.

post-72-0-08463100-1406753349_thumb.png

post-72-0-49084400-1406753376_thumb.png

post-72-0-96969700-1406753397_thumb.png

For walls or railings that don't show up in camera views I would check the following:

- make sure the correct layer is turned on in the layer set for the current view.  I like to use the "object layer properties" button to check the layer.

- make sure the wall/room heights are correct.  You can modify the wall heights manually so that it won't draw.  If either "default wall top height" or "default wall bottom height" are enabled on the wall/railing structure tab, then you can check them to reset the heights.

- make sure the materials are correct.  You can actually build a wall out of an invisible material such as "air gap" or one that is completely transparent.

- maybe something else?  This is why posting a plan is usually recommended.

As for attaching a plan, you first have to browse for the zip file using the "choose file" button and then use the "attach this file" button.  Some people forget to use the attach button and then it doesn't work.

Try unchecking the "Walls, Main Layer Only" layer and check your wall materials to make sure you haven't used an invisible material.

Your wall diagram in the wall dbx shows a top rail wider than the wall that suggests that there are some wall layers not displaying (assuming you have automatic width checked for the top rail).

Posting the plan would help a lot.

Try posting without zipping and see if it posts.

Thanks to everyone! I'm back to having the half wall and railings show in 3D. 

This is a huge file because it has a very large Terrain that is heavily sloped both front to rear and side to side. 

Apparently, when I turned off Terrain in 3D view, I accidently also turned off Walls, Rails as I closed the DBX. When I took Kilgore's advice and looked in the 3D mode, I found the Layer was in fact OFF. So  this was clearly USER ERROR.

I will have to figure out what's up with WinZip. I tried emailing the zipped file to myself and got the error message that the file was too large. So, maybe all that Terrain data is making the file to large even zipped. I will do a save-as and delete the terrain and see what I get in a little while.

Many sincere thanks to all that helped.