kal152

Can't get a doorway to sit flush

I cannot get a doorway with no casing to sit flush against a perpendicular wall. It has no casing yet will not get closer than 5" from the wall to the left. Why is this?

Capture.PNG

set your casing to 0 and you can move it closer to the wall

• Upvote 2

Thanks, that is silly you have to do that when the casing is turned off

Just now, kal152 said:

You don’t actually HAVE TO do that.  You can also go into your Plan Defaults and check “Ignore Casing...”

It is silly to have to turn off the casing and change the number, I really don't like to use the ignore the casing option, or you will see the casing imbedded into the wall in floor view. I always like it the way it's built, you can always widen the hallways to accommodate whatever casing you might have. Your contractors will scream at you if it's not correct.. If your plan calls for 6" or larger casing, you need to plan for that. Real world conditions rules. I realize in the condition you stated it doesn't matter b/c it's an opening without any casing.

Kal could also, break the wall in plan view, and pull the left section up in cross section/elevation view

to achieve the look

Doorway fluch against wall.jpg

On 1/6/2018 at 0:26 PM, kal152 said:

Turning the Casing Off via the Checkbox can cause visual issues in 3D views particularly with Garage doors where it often shows as the Jamb "flashing" as you move the camera , so it is better to set it's width and depth to 0" ( I think it resets to 1/16th auto.) to avoid this.

Like Michael,  I always use the Ignore Casing Setting , you just need to realize it is on.... or turn it off if the Job mandates Full Casings everywhere.

M.

What about having the base molding within the doorway? Is there an easier way to do this than using a custom molding line? 

Capture_no base at doorway.JPG

52 minutes ago, Anna_Gorres said:

What about having the base molding within the doorway? Is there an easier way to do this than using a custom molding line? 

Capture_no base at doorway.JPG

Perhaps your wall(s) isn't quite aligned with the Doorway?  it seems to work for me okay ...Post your plan and someone will look otherwise...

6.JPG7.thumb.JPG.ae695923ad6e6221fc8837f24e87f2ad.JPG