Open existing plan in new profile plan file

Skip_D

Hi,

I have an X9 plan drawn.  I would like to export it and then import it into my new Profile Plan, is this possible and if so, how?  I've tried what I thought were the obvious solution but seem to be only importing CAD lines ...

Thanks,

Skip

X9

16 minutes ago, solver said:

The system makes a copy of your template (profile) plan and uses the copy as the basis for a new plan.

You can't switch templates without starting a new plan, which is what Joe suggested.

Of course you can.  Any Plan can be set as the Default Template for new Plans.

Templates are just Plan files.

In Preferences>New Plans you can select any Plan as the Default Template

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skip_D said:

Hi,

I have an X9 plan drawn.  I would like to export it and then import it into my new Profile Plan, is this possible and if so, how?  I've tried what I thought were the obvious solution but seem to be only importing CAD lines ...

Thanks,

Skip

X9

I might be missing something here,but if you want to import the whole plan, why not just save the plan as your Profile Plan? 

File>Templates>Save As Template.

I know Chief recommends That we transfer our template info to a new profile plan with each new version, I use edit all for that. layouts are a different story, same method(copy/ paste) but takes longer with a 23 page layout template.. Maybe he is trying to do that.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm not sure my question was posed clearly.  My hope was to be able to take an existing plan and 'place' it into my profile plan without over-writing the properties of my profile ... essentially using all my Profile set preferences and layers for the already drawn plan.  In the meantime I've simple updated what preference are most important and added the layers I needed to the existing plan and have moved on.  

Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Skip.

1 hour ago, Skip_D said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm not sure my question was posed clearly.  My hope was to be able to take an existing plan and 'place' it into my profile plan without over-writing the properties of my profile ... essentially using all my Profile set preferences and layers for the already drawn plan.  In the meantime I've simple updated what preference are most important and added the layers I needed to the existing plan and have moved on.  

Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Skip.

Then I would try what Joe suggested below.... except backwards......bring everything from the Profile Plan into the existing Drawing..... I have used it before this way to bring in different things from different Plans, to try new Templates and is fairly Quick to do. Just try it with a Save As version of your Existing Plan , keeping the Original safe.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Skip,

You can export Layer Sets, Annosets, Defaults, Wall Types, etc and import them into your Profile Plan.