Intersecting Roof Planes (Issue)

ShelbyVHomes

Hello,

I've seem to run into an issue with a current project.  I have a house with one gable roof that shares a wall with the garage, which has a second gable roof.  At one point on these roof planes, they intersect, and I lose my fascia on each plane, and can see inside the roofs themselves. I feel like there is some simple solution to this, but can't seem to figure it out. 

(Yes, this was previously posted, but I mistakenly posted via boss's account, which does no good, considering I run the program, not him! XD)

Thanks!

Shelby

New Image.jpg

New Image_1.jpg

New Image_2.jpg

New Image_3.jpg

Auto-Build gives me an extensive roof system, which I don't really need/want. So, I just drew these two manual systems, but for whatever reason, where those two planes touch, it erases my fascia on each one.  I'm somewhat (>2 years) new to chief, but thought maybe it was something simple that I was over looking, or (better chance) didn't know about.

The roof edges need to completely separate, you may need to add "Line Breaks" to separate them properly, so they do not interfere with the fascia as is currently the case. Zoom in and really carefully see how those two roof plane lines are crossing each other and then using line breaks, make sure they cleanly cross each other.

For a more detailed explaination, you will need to share a copy of your plan.

DJP

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I have a somewhat similar issue with my roof.  (Not sure if it has to be in a new  conversation)

I have this simple garage addition with a dutch and full gable up front.  I cant get the line to disappear in the fascia where it meets the upper roof (its doesn't show in regular view but I use vector views for the elevation views in my layout).  Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Gerard

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 1.PNG