No1ZZTopfan

Combine, merge and/or importing multiple CA drawings

My apologizes if this was asked before but is there a way to combined, merge and/or import multiple CA files? Meaning, I have 5 (nearly completed) houses and one apartment complex and I would like to put them all in one file. Kinda make a small neighborhood.

Thanks in advance.

Edit Area (all Floors) and Copy.

Paste into another plan.

While the edit area is still selected, you can do a Point To Point Move to locate the copy accurately in the new plan.

You may need to set up a reference point in the new plan first, to give you a location to Point To Point move to.

I feel more comfortable (not being a Chief Master) to keep each house in a separate plan

then create a 3D symbol of each one house and store in the library

then create a master plan with all the terrain etc

and place each house symbol in place as needed

very easy to move the houses around and place as needed

Lew

12 hours ago, glennw said:

Edit Area (all Floors) and Copy.

Paste into another plan.

While the edit area is still selected, you can do a Point To Point Move to locate the copy accurately in the new plan.

You may need to set up a reference point in the new plan first, to give you a location to Point To Point move to.

Excellent. I tried your suggestion with two files and they imported with only minor issues. It being a new plan, nearly everything is reset to its default. Room labels, some assigned materials, etc. Somewhat an easy fix but that's okay with me. Rending the entire site is also slow going but again, nothing major. Know I have the ability to do this was my main goal. Thanks.

I'm not sure if Chief could handle all that in one plan, I would create a symbol of each building and place the symbols in another plan created just for that view. Remove all interior things before creating the symbols of each building. Only problem is if you have changes, you must re-do the symbols that changed.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I'm not sure if Chief could handle all that in one plan, I would create a symbol of each building and place the symbols in another plan created just for that view. Remove all interior things before creating the symbols of each building. Only problem is if you have changes, you must re-do the symbols that changed.

I believe you are right. As I added other buildings, the slower the program got. Easy fix.

As you described, why do I need to remove all interior objects? I would like to keep the entire buildings intact for good rendering effects.

1 hour ago, No1ZZTopfan said:

As you described, why do I need to remove all interior objects? I would like to keep the entire buildings intact for good rendering effects.

because the symbols will get very large if you include everything, keep them as small as you can. No reason to include things you don't see. Just copy your plans to a new folder and strip them.

• Upvote 1

I have stripped my plan to just roof and walls. I have done an edit all floors but I don't know how to do the copy command?

39 minutes ago, KAustin said:

I have stripped my plan to just roof and walls. I have done an edit all floors but I don't know how to do the copy command?

How about starting your own thread, and telling us what you want to do.