Lag, Hangup, Pausing while Deleting Objects or Undo

Jarr3tt88

9 hours ago, TomBiggs said:

Maybe running on a Mac the program works better.  I picked up on this from another Mac user, who seemed to have a more fluid time dong things that were lagging on my rig.

Your observation is valid. These differences are most likely due to how each operating system handles certain functions. Typically, when a software program such as CA is written the coders do not have to write every function/operation in it's entirety. Each operating system has it's own built-in routines and the software coder only needs to provide that routine with the required parameters, the operating system then takes over and executes the operation. For example, in Windows how an individual window is displayed, moved and controlled is handled primarily by Desktop Window Manager, not CA. MAC's have the same type of routines but their OS routines will be coded differently and may at times be more efficient, MAC's have always been known for their smoothness and fluidity, the same goes for their track pads and gestures.

My wish list to make the program much better...

Performance problems can be particularly challenging to properly diagnose but are certainly a high priority for us.  They can be the result of hardware or system problems, something that you have done that is very inefficient, or something that the program is doing that is very inefficient.  Without an actual plan to test, then any speculation is probably a waste of time.

If you want the program to work better, then I would encourage you to submit actual feature requests and/or bug reports when you find any problems.  We don't monitor the Q&A forum looking for posts with hidden feature requests and bug reports.  The least effective way to bring something to our attention would be to post some mostly unrelated comments on someone else's old thread.

To make a feature request, you should make a post on the suggestions forum here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

To report a problem in the program, you should contact our technical support team here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/