Help With Polyline Solid To Follow Roof Pitch

jessde

I used two layers of a polyline solid to create a flat pitch and curved roof line to follow a bowed wall below. Worked fine to match the curve and to use different materials for the upper and lower parts. 

Then we decided to pitch the roof and can't figure out how to have the polyline solid follow the pitch. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jess

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

Are you creating a roof from polyline solid?

It seems as soon as you pitch the polyline solids, the edge will no longer be parallel to the bowed wall.

But, yes, post the plan.

Yes you're right Lew ,I've been struggling to think of what PTP could possibly mean . It's humbling enough just learning this program without having to learn a new language as well. :) Is there possibly a list or dictionary of the abbreviations that may apply here?

I will try to explain what I'm trying to do but will also attempt to post a plan tomorrow when I can.

initially I used the roof plane tool to create a flat roof but could not find a precise way of making the arc.to follow the bowed wall below .So , with the cad tools I made a polyline solid with the arc I needed. That worked well until we decided to add some pitch to the roof plane. Now I can't a way to tilt the poly line to follow the pitch. This explanation may be hard to visualize so I appreciate your patience and willingness to help out here.

I'll try to "PTP" when I get to work tomorrow

Thanks to everyone helping out here.

Jess

Just a quick thought, has anyone tried using the 3D Face tool and extruding the profile?

As mentioned before, it would be nice to be able to see what it is you are trying to do in order to be of some assistance.

This tool is a bit different than the other Solid tools, but it does have some capabilities that other Solid tools do not.  In general what you do is to create the face profile and then select it, then from the edit toolbar choose the Extrude Object icon and enter the Delta perameters in the dbx.

Hope that is helpfull.