plot plans - terrian perimeter question

Designer100

If I have drawin a plot pan terriian around a house. Const drawings are finished. finish floor is 66 in above grade. Can I draw anthoer plot plan convert to terrian and insert it in place of old one w/o messing up the const. drawings already finished? 

If your lines for the lot or property/lot are just that, CAD lines, just make a copy and Ctrl Alt V to paste in place.  Now you have two of them stacked.  Just convert one to a terrain and if for some reason you want the terrain off but the property line to still show, do so in Layer Display Options.  You may want to put your original CAD property line on its own layer if you ever want it turned off as well.  Edit:  Upon reading your post again I don't think my suggestion addresses your question.

Newel, the terrain is not tied to the foundation. You can move the foundation and the terrain will not change. The only thing that I can think of that would move when you delete a terrain would be post and piers on a deck as they do adjust to the height of the terrain. Just delete your existing terrain and draw another terrain. If there were post and piers they will adjust and be at the proper depth.

Hope I got this right.

Just display the current terrain plot plan ONLY.  Select everything and delete it.

You can then import the new terrain plot plan.

If you just want to move the house position in the current plan:  I just made poly lines of the house position.  Selected the terrain plot plan and moved it around the the polylines. Once in position I deleted the polylines and then displayed the rest of the plan.

I am quite new an this may not be the best way or even answer your question.