Windows behind a "porch"

johnny

Sounds like an "OLD" issue Chief had many years ago.  Have you tried making one of your porch walls "no room definition"?  I just downloaded the new update and haven't seen this problem "yet" ... and ... you shouldn't have to mess with wall settings IMO.  Might be a quick fix though.

10 minutes ago, justmejerry said:

Have checked 3 different plans and all are opaque when set with porches. I used standard view and vector. Is the room actually defined as porch?

I should have clarified this is in Watercolor view mode - which happens to be the only mode I can get the visual i'm looking for like this.

So perhaps this is a bug to that style....since I see the "standard" style works as you'd expect.

Johnny,

Does changing 3D...3D View Defaults...Auto Adjust Default Glass Properties help?

Or if you have the porch defined as an internal room type, Chief is probably treating the windows as if they in an internal room.

Make sure the porch is really defined as an external room. 

Thanks for the suggestion Glenn.

I double-checked, and yes, "auto adjust default glass" properties is checked.

Also, i'm using the default room type "porch"...which I didn't define interior or exterior.  Is there a way to define it better?

That said, I did use a "railing" and not "deck railing"...since I was wanting a concrete porch.  Perhaps that is my problem?

default.png

Actually guys I am noticing that the problem doesn't show in the Chief file or Layout.  Its only visible when I print a PDF.  Notice an issue too with the white CAD lines i placed in the front door - its shifted.

So on both files there is no visible issue until I print a PDF - shown below.    Super odd, and something that just started happening after the last update.

just_fine.png

just_fine2.png