Reworking Plan Issues

johnny

The type of work I do requires me to often rework a plan previously modeled - sometimes adjustments, but other times substantial changes.   When I start making massive modifications to a plan file in Chief, I run into countless issues of wall connections, room definitions, attic walls etc etc. 

I'm not suggesting Chief should be able to auto-fix all this, but I would like a way to turn off all the automation while I "paint broad strokes" on my plan rework so all these connection issues don't keep arising and fumbling me up on the workflow.  Once I got things generally the way I wanted, id then come back and fix the connections.

Is that possible?

33 minutes ago, javatom said:

Build - wall - fix fall connections.  Click on that one and it may take care of some of the issues.

Thanks...this will help when i am done with my concept but what I was also hoping for is some way to get the automatic features in Chief to shut down partially so that during reworks I dont run into all the "clashes" that come from Chief trying to reconnect on the fly.

30 minutes ago, johnny said:

.......hoping for is some way to get the automatic features in Chief to shut down partially so that during reworks I dont run into all the "clashes" that come from Chief trying to reconnect on the fly...

Hey johnny

I agree when I simply apply contextually to my wishes with this regard, but your suggestion isn't so clear to some one else trying to help or complement the suggesion. "Automatic features" is just a general term and I would rther need to know those features that are exactly messing up your work flow, so we can agree if we are facing similar issues or some one else would disagree and prove ..may be they ate one of the poisons he likes using chief. AntY way try to put it a bit clearer and specifics.

hoping for is some way to get the automatic features in Chief to shut down partially

Johnny,

Isn't it funny - some users want all auto to save time and effort and others want no auto so they have complete control.

And then there are those who want auto until it doesn't auto the way they want it..

And then there are those........

I agree with Yusuf, what particular "auto" feature do you want to disable - what do you mean by "shut down partially".

What does "partially" mean?

You can turn off Auto Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings  - but this is probably something that you would want to leave on - depend what level of auto you want.

I guess if you shut down all auto, you are left with a 2D cad drafting program.

I guess I am one of those users who like everything to auto build along the way - I like Chief auto adjusting things as I work because then when I get to the end, I know that everything works - there is no tidying up to do.

I would hate to do a whole lot of work and then expect Chief to fix all my mistakes by trying to rely on some auto fix routine - that is just a recipe that leads to a whole lot more work.

In my opinion, it's better to let Chief work it's magic as I proceed.