Custom Deck Railing Question

JJohnson

7 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes Graeme's method works fine.          JJ Railing.jpgJJ Railing DBX.JPG

P.S. If you make a baluster into a millwork symbol then you can auto apply it in the Railing DBX.

But what about the gap in the top rail at the corners,  I may have it now, changed the top rail to

2x4 on edge at 40.5", checked post to beam, made beam 2 x 6, and dragged that down to 42"

Now I have what a carpenter would more likely build in my opinion.

I think adding the balusters to the library and auto placing may not face mount them on the

2x4 rails like I need to.

View for Post 2.jpg

22 hours ago, Dermot said:

In X9, you will be able to include top and bottom rails with panel symbols.  This should make creating this style of railing a bit easier.

I am sure X9 will have the capability to create custom panel railings on curved stairs.

I am sure X9 will have the capability to create custom panel railings on curved stairs.

Not exactly.  You will be able to use straight custom panels on stairs in X9.  The ability to curve a custom symbol panel while sloping it to follow a stair is highly unlikely to be available in X9.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:02 PM, Dermot said:

Not exactly.  You will be able to use straight custom panels on stairs in X9.  The ability to curve a custom symbol panel while sloping it to follow a stair is highly unlikely to be available in X9.

You never had a friend like me! Do you? 

I have said it here and 1000times in this forum for many Years.... And Deaf ears. This time you and Scott Harris will pay for it. I am not joking, nor am I going to teach ya for free this time!!

Teach what? 

Your codes!! 

To make what?

The capability of curving straight panels and at the same time sloping and follow stairs!!

will you pay for this? Well If you can't pay. Then go figure.

Initially I was just giving pointers. I didn't want to confront, but you programmers undermine users. See..ha..ha. You guys at chief got in to the trap this time,though I didn't intend to confront, but again I know without confrontation you are not probably welcoming user suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

We have no interest in paying anyone to show us how to use our program to do things it was not designed to.  If other people have an interest, they are free to contact you.

We are always interested in improving our program to meet the needs of our highly valued customers.  The best way to get those improvements is to submit your suggestions to us on the suggestions forum or through email.