MauiMana

Where Did the X3-Compatible Bonus, SSA, etc. Content Go?

Hi All,

I took a bit of a hiatus for the past several months but am now getting back to using Chief (X3). But I noticed that when browsing my content library, some of the finishes, cabinetry, etc. seems to no longer be downloadable. It seems that any item that I've used in the past works fine, but if I try and select a library item (e.g., cabinetry door style, finish, etc.) from any of my bonus or SSA content that I haven't yet used then the system says it can no longer find the file, and then asks if I wish to look locally for it. In the last few months did Chief remove the X3-compatible library content from their server? What's up?

Maui, I think if you don't have SSA you only get a few of the library's and the SSA gives you the latest version, does it ask you if you want to purchase any of them since you are not at the latest version you might not get all of the lib without a purchase of some of the lib items

Maui:

is your SSA current ?

another issue may be that X3 had a HORRIBLE library system

that required "subscriptions" :( and other PITA's

probably best to contact CA's tech support on Monday for their advise

Lew

I'v been assuming that since I can still access all of the BONUS / SSA library items that I have used in the past that the issue isn't related to an expired subscription, etc. The issue only happens with BONUS or SSA content that I haven't ever used yet. And I'm not sure if the library access methods have changed but at least with X3, library items are only downloaded once you have selected them for use in the currently open design. Once you've used an item once, it is stored locally within one's file system. So since up to a few months ago I had no problem selecting/downloading previously unused library items, this makes me think that Chief has since removed X3 and older content from their servers. But would essentially mean that they have basically 'retired' X3 and older versions of CA Premier, which isn't right...

Maui I know they only support for so many versions back and with X3 being 5 versions back and coming up on the 6th you might not have the support you need for the lib items, just have to ones you have on your computer already which they can't take off of you since you paid for X3 just won't get the support for it and any new lib., you might want to give Chief a call tomorrow and ask them your original question

CA did offer the libraries on a DVD

ask if that is still available

but I think they might be the first version and not the latest for each release ???

Lew

Look in your downloads section, for SSA, bonus and Manufacture's stuff ,if they are still there. Hopefully you didn't delete them. I always save them to a folder.

About a year ago the server on which the SSA content for X3 died. It was a very, very old server. 

We migrated the main core public libraries for X3 over to another system hosted in the cloud.

SSA content requires a current SSA license to download so should not be accessible for download once it has lapsed.

Already downloaded content still remains on your system and is still accessible even though SSA may have lapsed.

We assumed that most users with active SSA using X3 would have upgraded by that time and made a decision to not migrate the SSA content for X3. Access to SSA content requires being logged in and SSA being active. To rebuild that old system in a way that meets our new internet standards would have required significant effort.

Based on our server logs it was apparent that the content was being accessed rarely. The decision was made to no longer support that content.

If you still have SSA and desired the content available to an X3 SSA user you would be able to upgrade to the current version of Chief and gain access to all that content and more by using the current version.

We still support the core public libraries that were available for all X3 users with or without SSA.

I hope this helps you understand the situation.

If you still have questions feel free to contact our Support or Sales team.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chiefkebo
    Newest Member
    Chiefkebo

• By ChiefuserDRB
      I am having an issue with the Library Browser where even when the top left Icon and in the view tab icon is show with a check mark to indicate being open but there is no sign of the Library Browser actually popping up on my screen or right sidebar, next to the Project Browser, as I have used it before. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing a setting that would hide the Library Browser or does this sound like a glitch/issue?
    • By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL    
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      CLOUD SYNC MULTIPLE USER LIBRARIES FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES/END USERS       DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO X64 SHELL EXTENSION  X32 SHELL EXTENSION PAYPAL THE GUY THAT WROTE THE EXTENSION  ADVANCED LIBRARY SEARCHES DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO       INTRO TO ADVANCED PBR METHODS DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO CREATING ADVANCED MATERIALS IN PHOTOSHOP   DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO AUTUMN LEAVES MATERIAL FILE CREATE A HOTKEY TOUCHPAD USING YOUR ANDROID OR IPAD TABLET     DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO LINK TO SOFTWARE WEBSITE TOUCHOSC METHOD FOR CREATING CON-DOCS IN .PLAN      USING AN IPAD TO REMOTELY CONTROL CA. METHOD OVERVIEW   ADVANCED TOOLBAR CONFIGURATIONS   NEW!!! 08/28/2019  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By StepOneDesign
      Hi All.  
      Was working with two monitors - down to one, and now my library won't pop up.
      Did the obvious.
      Restarted,
      Reset Displays.
      Nothing.
      Am I missing something?
    • By ginamk
      Hi,
      I'm having an issue with X9 - anytime I open an item and try to change the material type, I get a pop-up box that says "searching for files" and it appears to be searching through my file folders, but it's on a continuous loop searching the same folder endlessly so the search message isn't going away and I have to force stop the program. I've tried opening different files to see if it was just happening with a possibly corrupt file, but it's happening with several different files so I don't think thats it. I called the help line and they are not familiar with the problem. They said I should try my luck here. 
      Anyone have this problem?

• By Lee2m4
      Hello!

I got a new computer (old and new are both Windows) and while the program and my plans transferred okay, my bonus and purchased libraries didn't transfer over. All I have is the basic core library. I've done some searches to try and figure out how to get them back, but I haven't found anything.

Any suggestions or help on how to get my bonus and purchased library back would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I haven't figured it out on my own yet and don't know where else to look so I'm hoping someone here might know. 

TIA!