Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Should Trees Cast Shadows?

Just wondering...should trees cast shadows?  Mine don't...wondering if it's a setting that I don't know about?

thanks.

Just wondering...should trees cast shadows?  Mine don't...wondering if it's a setting that I don't know about?

thanks.

2D trees don't cast shadows. You need to use 3D

trees if you want the shadows to show.

post-126-0-27417500-1474490267_thumb.png

thanks.

Are there 3d Trees in the catalog...I did a quick search...nothing comes up.  Are they in the bonus catalog?

thanks.

Thanks...I found them.  Had to download the bonus catalog.  Appreciate the help!

Use 3D Trees sparingly.  The generally have lots of faces and can really slow down the model.

You can find more at 3D warehouse too.. But like mentioned, they do slow down the model.  I put them in just for ray traces, then delete and exchange for images for drawings.

Yes...understand about the slowing down.  Just used 2 in order to help show a client the potential shadow cast by a 15' tall tree.  Thanks all for the tips.

2D trees don't cast shadows. You need to use 3D

trees if you want the shadows to show.

What are you talking about?

2D trees do cast shadows.

However you have to place two of them. One at right angles of the other to get the shadow to display.

The first faces the camera so you don't see the shadow. I copy and paste in place and then rotate it perpendicular to the sun direction so it casts a shadow and yet is not visible in the scene.