Sizing a .jpg plan to 1:100

Ginger

Hi Guys new to HD and loving it so far. I sell new homes and am using the software to do custom designs of our stock plans. I have been using MS Visio which is a little limited, hence the reason to move over to HD. I have worked out how to import the .jpg plan so that I can trace over as the starting point, however, it takes me about 10mins to size it (a little frustrating..). Anyone out there got a quick way of doing this?? I can do it in Visio in about 30 seconds, any suggestions?

Regards

MarkB - Perth Western Australia....

You are in the wrong forum and asking in the wrong section. Ask in the "Questions" section and in" Home Designer".

Try using the "Transform/Replicate "tool, measure the image and figure out the Ratio of ex. to new then enter in the "Resize" area.

Or

Use "Point to Point Resize" tool, you will have to resize twice, vert. and horiz.

Not sure if Home Designer has these tools.

post-51-0-23536900-1401120419_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-82786300-1401120681_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what the big poop is.  I thought if you imported a jpeg,  and is was  times to big  (scale wise),  open the dvx of the jpeg and reduce the size,  I do that all the time including once today.  

Figure out the ratio that the jpeg is oversized or undersized,  open dvx of jpeg,  there is a size listed there of the jpeg,  and change the size appropriately.  Just pull out your texas instruments solar powered scientific function calculator,  plug in the numbers and......  easy peasy.

Do you guys remember those TI scientific solar powered calculators,  I had mine for probably 20 years until I sat on it wrong and broke it.  The darn thing was nearly indestructible until that fateful day.  Hey wait,  what about those Helitt Packard calculators?  Are they still around.  I remember my engineer used the HP while I use the udder cuz i weren't smart enuf to run the HP.