PitMan71

Members
  • Posts

    663
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PitMan71

  1. Thanks. I had already tried both of these options . The wall didnt work as well. I will give it another shot though. Thanks all.
  2. Hello all.... What is the best approach to build the curved stair wall at the stairs?
  3. I have the same exact scenario in X18. Sounds like a good feature suggestion to Chief.
  4. Check youtube for videos as well. Not too long ago I was once in the exact same spot you are in..... I would keep auto roofs on until you finish your plan and then start adjusting roof as far as you an while keeping auto roof refresh turned on. Then edit the roof planes manually if it comes to that. Knowing where you are headed with the roof will help us advise you better. I like your mindset to just jump in. This is a great way to get started. At some point you may want to get some training to help get you past some hurdles. There are several on this platform that do that. They will teach you how to overcome and help you become more productive with the application.
  5. I played around with this and the tool does behave unlike what you would expect. Seems like the horizontal edge would snap to the angle snaps but it doesn't. Seems like a bug to me. My guess no one has ever to told chief about it. I have never run into it myself. Suggest reporting to tech support.
  6. I checked and it looks like its the same as what you are seeing.
  7. Create or copy a siding material, find a seemless siding texture that looks like that, then update the pattern to a hatch that is simlar. If you cant find a texture, you might be able to create one with an existing texture, load it up in photoshop or photopea(online editor).
  8. Can you be more specific on your question?
  9. Seems like the two go hand in hand. I found another workaround. So on a whim, in the plan file under print i looked at and turned on "Use 1 for all line weights. (Home Designer Compatibility)" and that fixed it, It seems that you need to have the scale in the plan close to or at what you are using on your layout for it to look right. At least that's what i experienced when playing around with the option. But i feel sure it just draws all lines the same which in my case is fine.
  10. From CA Support: After some further testing, it appears this is due to a potentially unintended change in how the Advanced Line Weight Scaling settings work in X18. In X17, your Layout's Advanced Line Weight Scaling is set to 1 = 1/200mm, while the plan file was set to 1 = 1/100mm, which is why the plan and layout line styles aren't matching in X17. It seems like some change in X18 altered how this works, and now things like regular CAD lines, doors, and other objects aren't being affected in the same way.I can go ahead and log this with our developers to take a look at.In the meantime, we may have some workarounds that might help. A quick and easy one would be to put the doorways on their own layer, then hide that layer, and draw your own CAD lines in their place, as we can't control the line style of open doorways directly.Alternatively, you can select the doorway, click Open Object, go to Options on the left, and click Hide Top Edge under Plan Display. Then, in your plan, turn on the layer Opening Header Lines. Now, you can assign a line style to this layer; however, be aware that this will add a line to all doors in your plan, not just empty doorways. You can control these lines further by going to the Edit menu, Preferences, click CAD on the left, and lower the value for the Endcap Printed Length to make sure these aren't overtaking the lines themselves, as you're printing at a pretty small scale.
  11. @Chrisb222 I tried what you suggested with starting with x18 template and it made no difference. Still the scaling of the dashed lines was off. One thing they mentioned in the tech reply is that you need to have the lineweight toggle on to see them how they will print. Also, I did verify that there is a difference between X18 and X17. I have sent that info to support. Hoping to get a solution soon.
  12. Here is a screenshot of a plan i started in X17 and finished in X18. You can clearly see the difference in linestyles from layout to layout. Box scales are the same at 1/8" = 1.75 feet.
  13. From Support.... This explains what's going on but doesn't fix the issue. Hi Shane,Thank you for contacting Chief Architect Support.The reason you're seeing a difference in your dashed line sizes in plan vs in layout is due to the difference in scale. In your plan view, go to the File menu, down to Print, and click Drawing Sheet Setup. You'll notice that your Drawing Sheet for the plan itself is at a scale of 1/4" = 1', which is the default in our templates. When you're sending your views to layout, the scale you use is 1/8" = 2'. If you change your Drawing Sheet Scale in your plan to match what you're sending your views to layout as, the line weights and scales of the line styles should appear to match.When doing this, make sure your Line Weights are toggled on; go to the View menu and click Line Weights, and you'll see the true appearance of the lines in plan and in layout.Let me know if this works for you.
  14. I looked at one of the plans that i did bring over from X17 and there is a huge difference in the scaling. The plan in question was not created in X17, but it did use a template migrated from X17. I am wondering if there is a new setting somewhere.
  15. I have put in a ticket as well. Thanks.
  16. Here is the Project, includes the layout. I am also having issues with the dashed lines over doorways. I don't see where that can be selected or controlled. I think I started this project in X18. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p8eveljbu4y7vl8ojgwrm/Fairhope.caproj?rlkey=1p2kwd0ovf5jb95qmest46zok&dl=0
  17. I have some smaller scale layout for marketing stuff where the hidden lines are showing as solid lines. Is there a setting where that can be adjusted? Seems like even on the smallest line style I'm getting lines on the layout with few breaks. Thanks
  18. I have been using X18 for a couple weeks and i haven't run into any issues.
  19. Dropbox or One Drive link would be an option if you have.
  20. Now i just need to figure out how how to display the walls on the daylight side of the basement on the foundation plan since they are stud walls with brick with windows and doors. I have it as a pony wall with block below FF. thanks
  21. I think i got it. Took me a couple times to assess the best approach but I figured it out. Thanks
  22. This is my first try at basement at level one. Usually i do basement on level 0. I'm with both of you and ready to get back to Egypt. I guess it wouldn't be terribly difficult at this point to do it the other way. I would have to figure out the best way to move things around.
  23. This is some ninja stuff. I have always wondered why i had that problem. Thanks for the tip!