Angle snaps F10 toggle lost in X8

Andrew

Go to solution Solved by Andrew,

I upgraded from X7 to X8 and now the F10 key no longer toggles angle snaps on / off.  

It requires digging into the edit menu, then submenu to do what used to be an easy thing.

Is there a work around to this unfortunate software decision?

Also, wouldn't it be nice if your cursor didn't display the distracting icon when angle snaps are off?    

I find it gets in my way and wish it was simply displayed at the margins of the screen, similar to when your CAPS key is on.

I upgraded from X7 to X8 and now the F10 key no longer toggles angle snaps on / off.......

Simply reprogram your hot keys to recognize F10.

BTW,  I did not loose the function.....  something maybe awry with  your computer,  Either quit and reboot and if that does not fix,  reprogram your hot key.....  should take 12.67 seconds

Okay, I tried to find where you can program hot key for 60 secs.  :huh:

I also launched help which has no listing for 'hot key'.  

Which menu offers remapping of hot keys?

Thanks

BTW:  Computer has been rebooted, etc.  It's Win 7 and F10 worked with X7, but is gone with X8

Okay, I tried to find where you can program hot key for 60 secs.  :huh:

I also launched help which has no listing for 'hot key'.  

Which menu offers remapping of hot keys?

Thanks

BTW:  Computer has been rebooted, etc.  It's Win 7 and F10 worked with X7, but is gone with X8

Really?

post-50-0-65951700-1466009172_thumb.png

• Solution

Thank you, Scott.  I knew I had seen the hotkey dbx before.  I've had to map a hotkey so my iMac could scroll, which was missing on Macs.

I tried searching Help with 'hot key' and got nothing, but with 'hotkey' I found what I needed.  A little fuzzy logic would improve the search experience.

F10 key was not mapped to angle snap on my version of X8, but now it is! :)

Thanks!

Thank you, Scott.  I knew I had seen the hotkey dbx before.  I've had to map a hotkey so my iMac could scroll, which was missing on Macs.

I tried searching Help with 'hot key' and got nothing, but with 'hotkey' I found what I needed.  A little fuzzy logic would improve the search experience.

F10 key was not mapped to angle snap on my version of X8, but now it is! :)

Thanks!

hotkey or hot key,  both should of found the topic,  I know,  a bit frustrating....  the search could be improved.

• Upvote 1

I renamed most of my hot keys to make it easier to remember. Scott did a really good video on hot keys. It pushed me in the direction of using hot keys as I have never used hot keys before. I also have some programed to my mouse such as open object and undo.

Yep.  hotkeys are fantastic.  I customize them and use them extensively (I rarely...if ever touch my mouse) in excel, word, and my PDF editor, and I use them quite a bit in Windows as well, but for whatever reason I don't use them quite as much in Chief.  I think its because I have to use the mouse so much anyway that I don't feel they save me quite as much time as they do with other programs.  I definitely still use them in Chief.  Just not quite as much. 

We adjusted the default hot keys that ship with X8.  Too many new users would accidently turn off angle snaps and then wonder why nothing worked right.  As a general rule, I would not recommend working with angle snaps turned off except in very special cases.

You can always use the Customize Hotkeys feature to add this back in.  You could also bring your X7 custom hotkeys into X8.