Sign in to follow this  
RobUSMC

Minor Issue But Curious

I built a kitchen island with standard 24" deep cabinets on the front and I have butted 18" cabinets to the back of them to give me a 42" deep island without the eating area overhang.  On the ends in both vector or elevation view you see the separation line between the back of the cabinets.  I have both cabinet with a flat back with the toe kick and the countertop overhang.  Again, it minor but I don't want my install crew to think there are two end panels butting together there to create a seam.  

post-180-0-95374400-1464265490_thumb.jpg

I think this is correct, it's two cabinets back to back. In real life there would be a joint there, just add an end panel or make a cabinet the full depth and configure the front and back faces.

Graham

Rob,

I put another cabinet on the side, make it 1/4" thick and you will have same size side panels or just a blank area.

Ive done it both ways for a work around but just wondered if there was another way.  Thanks

This is not a work around.  It is how it is done, both in design software and the real world.

• Upvote 2

I have end panels on my island as well as panels on the back where the overhang is.

Alan

post-8283-0-60347100-1464353064_thumb.jpg