Needing help with cross-section elevation views

nick66

I'm using the technical illustration for my exterior elevation views. Only about half of the siding is showing up in the view. can anyone tell me why? Do most of you guys use cross section vector view for exterior elevation

post-356-0-33313100-1461280580_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-09702000-1461280673_thumb.jpg

In plot lines the lines seem to work better b/c you can use your line weights from any layer-set you want. Using live view, you cannot use line weights, you have to use what Chief gives you, whatever that is.

for elevations ,I use plot lines with shadows

Nick,  I did a little more checking into the situation for you and noticed that the adjustments that I mentioned above only make a slight improvement. Not quite satisfactory.  I checked a plan of mine that I have files for in X7 and X8 and there is a definite deficiency in the default settings with both versions of the software. Not quite as bad as your example but definitely visible. Personally I use Vector view for my elevations but a 3D Technical Illustration often works well when printed in B&W.

So there is a setting for Line Thickness that will improve the situation thanks to Perry I decided to look for that and found that it works ok. See attached .jpg's.   I also noticed that turning on the colour seems to help with line weight and consistency.  As well I often do that with my 3D illustrations to give a little more depth with shading even when printed in B&W.  If anyone has more to add to actually solve the problem that would be great as this seems more like a work around to me.

Hope this works for you for now.

post-4797-0-79713000-1461361270_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-61989300-1461362187_thumb.jpg