Stair base railing issues

jtcapa1

Like most people, I've had a bear of an issue with getting stairs to look just right, especially when they are more and more unique. CA has come a very long way in solving most problems, now it is mostly my lack if skill.

In this angled stairway, I've got a problem with a middle railing appearing at the base of the first set of risers,  I thought I could simply select that first set and click no railing on the "left" side, but when I do, the entire stair (mostly) loses it railing along with the middle set at the base.

I'm also struggling with getting those nice curved handrails at the base,  any links to CA vids that would describe how to do that??

Thanks

-=JT=-

Sorry forgot to attach

post-767-0-31178900-1461252109_thumb.jpg

JT not sure what you have without seeing it but try to shift select the section you want to change the railing on and when open change the railing as desired that might do what you want, just remember to shift select the section first

JT not sure what you have without seeing it but try to shift select the section you want to change the railing on and when open change the railing as desired that might do what you want, just remember to shift select the section first

Hmmmmm...Shift Select?  In Plan view or 3d View? Both works I open plan and take a 3d picture to see what is happening and then just tried holding down the shift key and then selecting section 1 of the base set of 4 risers, then unchecked the "display railing" on the right side.  Seemed to work!  I cannot recall the feature of using the "shift select" key before.  Thanks Chief!

Now any idea on how to add volutes or make the base railing look right?

post-767-0-54087700-1461253160_thumb.jpg