library update - two of everything

Canuck

Last Friday I updated the library and everything went fine, although it took a lot longer than usual. Then I hurriedly shutdown the laptop and rushed away to a meeting that took up the rest of the day. On Monday I opened up CA and went about a job. When I opened up the library I was met with a bit of a surprise. I had two of everything in it. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, do I just delete one of the files or what?

Thanks Ken, I've learned to ask before doing something that seems so straight forward. In the Air Force we had a saying. Best to ask a stupid question than give a eulogy.  ;)

So I deleted one of the files and now all my library files are corrupted. Hmmm...Tech support, here I come! LOL In case you missed the subtle message here...don't just delete the file!   :wacko:  

once again CA has seemed to screw-up the library system

It looked like they had fixed most of the issues - but now ???

I still have outstanding requests for imporvements

but I'm hoping they will get the library stable and then leave it alone

for many releases after that ....

Lew

I have not had any problems with the library system and I have only seen a few posts about others who have.

So you should contact tech support.  "I deleted one of the files and now all my library files are corrupted" is pretty vague and you will need to explain to them exactly what you did.  They should be able to tell you if you did something wrong.  They should also know if there is a real bug and whether or not  it has already been fixed.  They may know about the issue but not have enough info to fix it yet and you could help out with that. 

Regardless, it should be pretty easy to get your libraries straightened out and they can even walk you through the process.  You may end up having to delete your core libraries and re-download them.  But even this is a relatively painless process.  Worst case scenario is that you have to delete and restore your user libraries from a backup.  Unless you never made any backups of your user libraries, then the worst case scenario is that you have lost them.

It took a little bit of time to get it fixed up, but most of it was my fault because the damn phone wouldn't stop ringing today....So Kirk in the email pool won my problem and did a great job giving me directions on how to fix the issue.

To fix this here's what you can do:

- Close Chief Architect.
- Press 'Windows Key+R' on your keyboard.
- In the 'Run' dialog type %ProgramData% and click 'OK'.
- Open the folder named 'Chief Architect Premier X6'.
- Delete the folder named 'Core Libraries'.
- Open the folder named 'Referenced Files'.
- Delete the following files from the 'Referenced Files' folder:
-- CoreCatalogFiles.zip
-- CorePlantFiles.zip

- Close this window and Open Chief Architect Premier X6.
- Open New Plan and click 'Library> Install Core Content'.

This will display a progress bar along the bottom of your Library Browser, let it finish. Problem resolved!

Like all software, sometimes bugs pop up. When they do I find it's normally Norton's anti-virus messing with the program and causing bugs. I know my ACAD hates it so I can only assume CA has issues as well.

Hi Canuk

Answer that works from Jodi at Customer Tech (the part about losing your Library).

It sounds like my problem. You probably still had the Library files on your computer, just couldn't  see the Library box come up when you clicked on the icon..

Go to <Edit> <Preferences> <Reset Options> at the bottom of box <Reset Side Windows>

Bingo...Daddy is happy again

Warren

v 3.0 - X-6