Rafter Tails not so good

Gawdzira

I am trying to install simple rafter tails that are 5.5" tails cut from the 9.25" rafter. A pretty standard sort of overhang detail. The soffit will be closed. The problem shows up with the blocking. The framing is set to plumb but the blocking is running perpendicular to the roof slope. Not good for the shear transfer. Is there a simple way to correct this?

post-170-0-27101500-1460910787_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-50913500-1460910792_thumb.jpg

LEH VIZ PLN V2B.zip

I would just create a "shear detail" for that, as Chief has never gotten the blocking as it should be. Chief just locates it in the wrong location, you can move it, but don't until your ready to turn off auto framing.   Angled or vertical can be used for shear nailing, or using "A35's' or "A34's" ,you just need the continuous connection.

Only works when you originally build the roof not rebuilds. No idea why that is though. You may have to redraw the roofs or just do a detail of it and skip it.

I do not understand why that is so.  We should be able to change the orientation  of the blocking after the roof has been built.

If I am not mistaken,  I have requested this in the past.

We can change it. It is just that it must be changed in the defaults. After the rebuild the blocking reoriented to the default setting. At least the is the behavior in X8.

So it cannot be done on a roof plane by roof plane basis?  Is that what we want?