Sign in to follow this  
Ridge_Runner

How do I modify corner base cabinet

I have a client who wants std. 24" base deep cabinets on one side of a corner and 30" deep base cabinets on the opposite side. I have tried everything I know to simply make one side of the corner 30" and the front stay put (only the back of the cabinet move and the countertop covers correctly). I can change the cabinet side to the wall but the front moves with it - not what I want. I can do a workaround but I would like to keep the cabinet schedule correct and not have to add notes everywhere. I have attached the simple X7 plan showing what I am looking for.

Thanks, Mike

X7-corner cabinet.plan

No way of modelling that situation accurately in Chief that I know of.  Its one of the few blatant limitations remaining with Chief's cabinet tools.  

Come to think of it, I run into this situation fairly often but I don't recall anyone having ever actually submitted a suggestion.  May be a good time to do that.  

Thanks, Michael. I will do that.

Perfect.  You'll have my support for sure. 

I'm not sure those cabinets exist...other than a totally custom box. Those situation are generally handled as a blind corner. There are some pretty handy inserts for blind corners that make them more accessible to get to the items in the back.

Joey, that would be how I normally do it but this client is going totally custom.

Thanks, Mike

You can use the work around (2 cabinets) and still get it into the schedule by blocking the cabinets.

FWIW this modification has become increasingly available in semi-custom brands. ( I'm still more likely to use a blind with an insert but ...)

post-85-0-28218900-1458131065_thumb.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By VisualJoy
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to design a kitchen but am having issues with both lower and upper cabinets that are convex.  I understand using the different door styles for the front, but how do I make the back of the cabinets fit?
    • By nancyscial
      I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 
      I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

• By Garreth
      Hi all any suggestions on how to adjust cabinet to angled wall.
      see image..
      note this cabinet will only be half functional from front on but the back will be chamfered to suit the wall.
      I have tried to look thru the options but nothing seems to address my requirements.

thanks in advance

• By LynnConstruction
      I've used an older cabinet program (Cabinet Vision) for producing cabinet cut sheets for some time now. I would like to use one program start to finish to simplify things. Our company owns our own cabinet shop and is used to mass cabinet production using these cut sheets. Is there a way to export cabinet data only through Chief Architect that I can give my cabinet builders to assemble off of?
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      I saw several pictures online, mostly on Houzz's website, about hidden pantry's and other rooms and I decided to try and create a few. This is a rough attempt at creating them. All are blended within the kitchen cabinets. Instead of explaining what I did and used, it would probably be best if you simply took it apart yourself. Then you'll understand. I hope. CA X9 was used. Also, what you see in the attached images will differ from what you will see when creating camera images. Feel free to send me suggestions, questions, etc. Thanks. Hope you like. :-)

hidden_pantries.plan