SapPata

Two Lines Of Room Divider

Dear friends.

My Room divider below just draw as a 1 Line. I want it show as a 2 Lines. How to change this ?

Best regards

post-9104-0-47900600-1455978303_thumb.jpg

The room divider turns into an invisible Interior 4 wall when you change the structural properties on either side of the room divider. So just place an interior 4 wall and make it invisible.

The room divider turns into an invisible Interior 4 wall when you change the structural properties on either side of the room divider. .......

Does this make sense?  I don't mean to say "does Tommy's statement make sense",  I am asking if the wall changing makes any sense.  BTW Tommy,  thanks for this insight.

Truly,  why would anybody want the wall to change to an invisible interior 4 wall because I changed the ceiling height on one side of the room divider.  This is the kind of stuff that must drive people nuts.

I think the reasoning behind it is ,that if a platform height changes , then there will be some kind of framing to fill the gap. They work good for those pesky ceiling and floor fills.

Select the Room Divider wall and open it's dbx.

On the General panel, change the thickness to whatever you want.

The beauty of doing it this way is that Chief will automatically create a new wall type that is invisible room divider wall and the thickness that you specified.

The new wall type is added to the will types list named something like "Room Divider-100".

The 100 is the thickness - 100mm in this case.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserTyMN

• By EmmaCox
      I made a chief plan of an existing cottage layout with different ceiling heights on the main floor. Now I have saved the existing cottage layout to alter the plan but since we will be taking the whole second floor off and starting fresh with new floor joists we are going to make the main floor ceiling one height. So I went ahead and changed this on chief... Now that I've cleared the whole main floor plan so that there are only a few partitions (because it will be open concept) when I try to put a new railing to go to the basement a room divider keeps showing up and it won't let me delete it. I've tried playing around with the railing that goes to the basement. If I delete the railing the room divider disappears, then I re-draw the railing to go to the basement and the room divider shows up again and won't let me delete it. 

I've attached the file and put some notes in red to try and show what the issues are. Sorry my explanation on here is confusing lol.. Any help would be awesome!! 
      Winter Nov. 27 2017 - Room Divider Issue.plan
    • By JMarkey
      In the attached sample plan, I wanted to divide a Kitchen/Living Room area into two parts, to allow different flooring materials to be placed. However, when I snap a "room divider" wall between Points A (lower right corner of the wall) and Point B (the lower left corner of the cabinet) the interior wall shrinks to the left. It also looks like the room divider is snapping to the center of the wall edge rather than the corner.

I made a before (left plan) and after (middle plan) of the same area to illustrate the problem that occurs. I put in a couple of CAD lines to show how the wall is shrinking. If you grab the end of the room divider wall and try to move it back to the lower corner of the wall, the wall just shrinks more. Note that the room divider wall also extends from Point B to Point C for room division to occur, because cabinets never participate in Room Definition.

The right side plan has a 1/32" line collinear to wall that is then extended down to Point B and on to Point C. 

WORKAROUND PROVIDED BY SUPPORT

Start by drawing a short collinear line segment from the corner of the wall and then extend the room divider down to the corner of the cabinet. I found this collinear line can be around 1/32 inch which makes it cosmetically a non-issue. Making it smaller will probably work, but it gets hard to snap to the collinear line.

Support has submitted this issue to the developers.

Maybe someone knows another way to do this.

Hope this helps.

John
      Room Divider Question - X8.plan