conwaynorth1

Why Won't Mirrors Display In Elevation, Cross Section Views?

Because sections are cuts so there is nothing to reflect. Camera views take into consideration the whole model.

Understood, but why not wall elevation?

Did you try a wall elevation using the standard rendering technique?

A mirror will display in both section and elevation if the layer they are assigned to is active. They won't reflect anything - obviously - but they will display as linework.

post-95-0-92919800-1455564550_thumb.pngpost-95-0-36151600-1455564561_thumb.pngpost-95-0-96927600-1455564569_thumb.png

...They won't reflect anything - obviously...

Never tried it until just now, but I'm not sure why this is "obvious".  Why wouldn't reflections display when using the standard rendering technique?  It doesn't actually make a lot of sense to me.  I can see maybe no reflections for items behind the camera, but why no reflections for peripheral objects?  If for example I take a cross section view at an angle to the mirror, it really doesn't make sense why there would be no reflections. 

Never tried it until just now, but I'm not sure why this is "obvious".  Why wouldn't reflections display when using the standard rendering technique?  It doesn't actually make a lot of sense to me.  I can see maybe no reflections for items behind the camera, but why no reflections for peripheral objects?  If for example I take a cross section view at an angle to the mirror, it really doesn't make sense why there would be no reflections. 

Until you posted your reply, I'd never viewed a wall elevation or cross-section in anything other than Vector. It had never occurred to me that the other rendering styles were available in an elevation or cross-section. So, I feel pretty stupid. But to your point - I suspect CA didn't implement reflections in an elevation or cross-section because they would be of little value (IMO).

Yeah, I think you're probably right. I do agree that there is very little value too.