What To Do First

Razorback1

Hello everyone,

Extremely new user here...

I am going to b doing a bath remodel, And the city wants 3 sets of plans 11X 17 min.. 24 x 36 max with plumbing and electrical notes to reflect current code.

To make my life simple I would like to have the floor plan and notes all on 1 sheet. I'm not sure what i should  do first to achieve this ?

It's just a simple bah remodel, (new toilet, sinks, lighting, vanity, tile, tub/shower and tile floor.

Also, I am trying to figure out how to create a standard layout sheet to use for all drawings i may do.

Thanks,

Dale U.

CA X-7

I suggest first reading the User Manual, then browsing the Chief tutorials available, and finally begin your project. Keep a copy of the Reference Manual handy. As you encounter issues that you can't solve, post them on this forum and we'll help with the specifics.

There is a book put out that is called Architectural Drafting and Design. The last three editions are current. It's sets the basics for drafting standards and explains layout. I used it for my students with great success. 

http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-Drafting-Design-Available-CourseMate/dp/1435481623

http://www.ebay.com/itm/architectural-drafting-and-design-text-book-Author-Alan-Jefferis-David-A-Mad-/281916665927

Dude, we are in California. A simple bath remodel does equate to a simple set of drawings in order to get a permit. I got your message and will try and call tomorrow.

For most jurisdictions in Monterey County I have a first page that is just project information, a vicinity map, scope of work, index, contact information, and code notes. Now I have one page fully dedicated to BMP's (required) and Green Building mandatory minimums (required). Monterey county is requiring a page of notes and a site plan dedicated to construction management (where is the material lay down, job site toilet, trash dumpster, truck parking....).