Hi,

I am in the process of changing, adjusting and tweaking my default settings so I can create a template file.  I have my template file already started.  I have just changed the settings under Default Settings > Doors > Exterior Door.  This all leads to a general question.  Is there any way to place door, when using the template I have made, that has these same settings?  If there is a way to do this, I guess I don't know how?  I do understand how to place a door in general.  I just don't how to place a door that has the same settings I set under Default Settings > Doors > Exterior Door.  Thanks in advanced for your guys help.  I know this is probably a pretty easy thing to do.  I could be misunderstanding what the settings for "Exterior Door Defaults" control.

post-8172-0-66711200-1451514418_thumb.jpg

If you change settings in the Exterior Door Dialogue Box, every time you place that door, the settings you input into that dialogue box will be applied to the new door you place. If you save it as a template, all the exterior doors, or doors leading to unheated area, such as a garage, will have these exterior default settings already when u place them into a new plan. Hopefully this helps. 

IOW, the Defaults are Plan specific.  So an existing Plan would not be effected by the Defaults in a Template - unless you start a new Plan using the Template.

Once you modify a Door in the current Plan, you can set the Default by just selecting the little wrench in the Edit Toolbar.  That will make all subsequent Doors use that new default in that Plan.

I figured it out.  When I was playing around with my template file, it was placing an interior door.  That was based on the fact I was placing a door in a single exterior wall.  I didn't have any other walls drawn in to form an actual room.  Once I drew an actual room with four walls, it worked right off.  Anyhow, thanks everybody.  I will adjust my defaults for all other door options and play around with inserting doors.

post-8172-0-39905500-1451515961_thumb.jpg

You can also multi-select doors, windows and change them. Select the door or window icon and hold down the shift key and draw a selection box around all the items you want to change. You should do the doors and windows separately. You can also just select doors or windows holding the shift key.

Or to add to what Perry says, you can also use the object painter.

FloyudShank, Wait... I'm confused... You consulted a design team about how to change Exterior Door Defaults? I'm sorry, but I fail to see how what you just posed has any relevance whatsoever to this post... Maybe you, or I miss understood something. Perhaps we should both reread what this post is about.