Chief_Content

Favorite Backdrops? Share with us!

Do you have a favorite backdrop image that you find works well for many of your projects?

We are looking to accumulate a variety of examples that we can share with other users as a bonus catalog!

If you would like to contribute any images for consideration as a backdrop, please send your samples to:

content@chiefarchitect.com

We have found that good backdrops typically have a horizon line at about 1/2 the height of the total image. They also need to be a minimum of 1920 pixels wide in order to have enough resolution on screen.

post-24-0-04615400-1445959291_thumb.jpg

*Any images submitted must be yours to share as owner and author. Please do not share other artists' work that you do not have rights and permission to distribute. Chief Architect may modify images for optimization and purposes and contact you for more information about any submitted images.

Emigrant lake in early spring.   The horizon may be a little high, but could be cropped.

post-62-0-47834600-1446788997_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple of shots that afford the somewhat

unique opportunity to show the same background in

two different seasons.

post-126-0-97980600-1447049614_thumb.png

post-126-0-00083000-1447049638_thumb.png

Thanks for the submissions! I think many of these are good, we do often crop or "fix" parts of the images in order for them to work even better as backdrops. However, it appears images attached in the forum are limited to 1200px wide. We need larger resolution images to work better with today's bigger monitors.

Could each of you e-mail your photos to Content@Chiefarchitect.com? I think we will be able to retrieve a better version of the file through e-mail.

Glenn, yes, those look good! The grassy scene may need the tree removed in the foreground, but aside from that, they seem like good candidates!

Thanks again everyone for sharing!

Here's a Central Oregon winter shot.

If it will work I can email

post-235-0-91679700-1447441266_thumb.jpg

OK,

I will send them in, but not for about 3 weeks.

I am away from home.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JennieT
    Newest Member
    JennieT

• By Draftsman-don
      I've recently purchased a new computer and installed Chief Architect 11. Everything is loaded and working except when I print I do not get any of the jpeg images. All of the line weights seem thinner than expected also. I have an HP designjet T120 printer and have downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my computer. The printer is working properly for other software so now I'm thinking something is wrong on the Chief Architect side.  Is there a setting that I've forgotten to change or is there something I need to do to initiate a new printer driver? Any help is appreciated.
    • By pgjacob
      Hi All
      Can't figure out how to apply a backdrop to a walkthrough...

thanks in advance
      melissa
    • By liveatul
      How can I import images from my iPad photo library? And use as a new object or use in photo frames as a patterns.
      Pl. update
    • By renosud
      Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an option to automatically save all imported images in the plan without having to remember to check the 'save in plan' checkbox? 

At the moment, it's a checkbox option at import [or a setting that can be changed after] e.g. its set to not save in the plan as default on import. The problem is that in my workflow, many images that I add to a plan as supporting files are kept in a local download folder that I regularly clear out. You know the routine, quick search on the internet, locate picture, throw into the plan and move on etc. It's something I might do hundreds of times a week when every second counts. It's often the case that supporting images are not always resources that you want to necessarily permanently keep on the server. Occasionally, when I open a plan, if I have forgotten to save an image in plan, the missing image resource is lost and I have to find it again [or not] on the web. Interestingly, images that are copied and pasted in are automatically saved in the plan.

Somebody tell me that there is a secret place buried or hidden in plain sight that makes 'save in plan' by default? Many thanks to the community.

George
      www.renosud.com
      CA Premier X9
      MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO
      INTEL CORE I7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHZ
      RAM 32.0 GB
      GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI 27GB

• By Don_Straub_Const
      I have a bathroom that is 6' x 9' and I can not figure out how to place a camera center of room or anywhere else for that matter. That allows the details to be shown. how do you get decent images in a room this size?
      thank you