Sign in to follow this  
Randyc

im trying... roof woes

can some one tell me best practice to close the hole in my roof  if you take a look at 3d view from back it is obvious

rc.plan

Here you go, the problem was you have to pull the wall on the attic floor back a little... if you select that wall and open dbx you will see it sticking up, just pull it back and it goes away.

rc_fix.plan

I am assuming you are talking about that small triangular hole at the peak.   I say, just hip it right there and you are good.  it is attached.

rc hip.plan

pull the ridge end back as shown in the left picture.  The as in the middle picture, break the roof plane in a couple spots.   Then join the roof edges as shown in the right picture.

Sorry...explaining in text isn't one of my strengths.  Hope the pictures work or if someone else can explain it better.  I need to get something to be able to do short videos.  I think I can explain things better that way.

Hope it helps.

post-314-0-49159200-1443796049_thumb.png

Randy, you use the break tool (hot key 3) at the critical points and then join the roofs (hot key 2) with the join tool. When I do this I work in plan view. Study the roof plan in plan view with his fix and you can see how to make these types of roof configurations work.

jbaehmer

thank you  I opened both plans and split screen..  and made mine look like yours

thanks again

RC