Fit text

nathan_glass

I'm new to CA so this may have been asked and answered before. i haven't found it in the forum though so here goes...In autocad you can "fit" text by changing it's width factor. I have not found a way to do this in CA yet. Is this possible? Sometimes a particular word or paragraph needs to be scrunched down to fit in a defined space. I don't want to change the height of the text just the width factor.

This isn't quite the same thing. However, you can hold the "x" key down then click and drag a corner handle to resize the text. This will change the size of the font so that things fit the new size, but it won't change the kerning between letters to squeeze the text into the smaller space. Depending on your desired result, this might actually be preferable. Still it isn't the same. What you are asking for would be a nice addition.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to be a little late with this but maybe for the next time you will have the option of cad blocking a problem area of text and using the Width Factor Settings in the Cad Block Specification DBX under the General tab to Stretch or Compress (scale) a particular font or text situation that is a problem without effecting the height of the text.  Do not try to rotate scaled Cad Blocked Text until tech support gets this problem fixed but you can export to PNG with transparent background and re import then rotate.  Rather shocking that CA and two respected power users are not aware this can be done.

Learn a new trick every day and you will never be an old dog.  :blink: