I have created a model for a yacht but my lower floor is missing. I needed 4 levels so I created a basement level, and 3 other floors. On the basement level, the water is coming through the wall and the floor is missing over most of that level. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix? I tried to upload the file but it was too large. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alfiejay

Hi:

you will probably need to post your plan to get more than guesses

this forum is for Chief Premier users

HD Pro users can benefit from following this forum

but you should also check out the Hometalk forum

Lew

do a "save as" of your plan and make a copy and delete out anything we don't need to look at like fixtures and furniture etc.

M.

Okay, thank you. I am not sure how I got on this forum. I meant to get Hometalk. I did re-post on that site and thanks Mick because after I took everything out, it did upload. If you guys would still like to see if you can figure out what I am doing wrong, I have added the attachments on the Hometalk site.

Thanks so much for your help. I will post on the correct site.

Alfiejay

interesting. have you made the hull walls?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By MN_JohnH
      I wonder why my second floor loft flooring is sticking through the roof and can be seen on the outside of the building?

• By JennRob
      I accidentally deleted the floor surface from my layout of a building. It appears that the top floor surface is missing leaving the subfloor. I don't know how to add a new floor surface to the subfloor (walls are built and floor plan is otherwise complete).

• By lavorhaynie
      I've been an active user of Chief Architect for about 15 years now. I am currently using the X11 and have an SSA.  In all of these years using the software I have been frustrated with a couple things in the electrical area. First was the terrible placement of electrical connectors, they were never placed in a way that was visually appealing. I was always wasting time adjusting the lines after placement just to make them look nice on the plan.  Thank you Chief, in X11 the lines now, most of the time, place in a visually acceptable manner. A great time saver when doing the electrical! 

The second, frustrating issue is the lack of programming to address the floor-to-floor light switching. I have over the years visited ChiefTalk hoping someone had a good solution to address this issue. I have never liked any of the proposed solutions, namely placing the correct 3-way or 4-way switch on each floor then placing cad arcs or splines to represent the electrical connector. I felt it to be a time waster and it just did not feel right using a cad line instead of an electrical connector. 

So, in response to my frustration with floor-to-floor switching I came up with an idea and ran with it. I created two floor-to-floor connector symbols. The symbols are identical except that one is designated as being switched and the other is not switched.  Both are, in plan view, a 2" circle, defined as an electrical item, In 3D they are a 2" clear glass sphere and attach to the ceiling, being virtually invisible in a 3D rendering. When I am doing a floor-to-floor switch connection I place the switched symbol in the stair well then connect the switch to the symbol. The switch then automatically changes to a 3-way. I have a set of text labels that I then place over the switched symbol to indicate the usage of the switch, i.e. "To light above", etc. I have attached an X11 library containing the two floor-to-floor symbols, (switched and not switched), and the text labels I use.

I hope these will save you a bit of time. Enjoy!
      LaVor
      ELEC CONNECTORS.calibz
    • By jheath21
      Hello! I downloaded Chief in January, only to find that it didn't come with the core catalogs, or any of the catalogs. I know that I can download individual things through the website, however they still aren't loading into Chief. I have x10 and I downloaded the x10 catalog, still unable to use it. For example, I downloaded a bunch of wood material catalogs to change my cabinets. When I go into materials, I see all the materials say "Texture Missing" with a yellow !. Some of the materials don't even have a name or a photo, there's a folder, but its just blank.
      Help! I use Chief for school and I need these materials to be able to work on my projects at home. Please help!

• By SamanthaSkidmore
      I'm not sure when this happened or how it happened but my ceiling isn't meeting the wall in the basement.  The separation is from the garage.  I created a brand new plan to make sure my heights all matched up correctly and they do.  Can you tell by looking at my screenshots what might be happening or what I need to do to fix it?  Photo on the left is the wall/ceiling in the basement.  The photo on the right is from the garage.

Thanks so much!