Revision To Plans - Automation Haywire

johnny

I am curious how you guys handles major revisions to plans that have been complete, when as you try to majorly modify plans there are automation processes that interfere with this work.  I can go in and delete the foundation/framing/roof etc, but it would be a lot more simple if those items simply stayed put and didn't influence say the floor plan changes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

First off, once the plans and layouts are complete, be sure and turn off any "Automatic Settings" (Auto Rebuild roofs, foundation, decks etc). The first person to disarm is yourself from shooting yourself in the foot.

DJP

OK - got it, thanks.  I think having that on was messing me up.

I always have anything automatic turned off.  The 2nd step is everything I touch I make sure I fix on every level before moving on.  If the great room was extended 4' I make sure I change the foundation then the roof, framing, cross section etc. before moving on to the next item.  It's kept me out of too much trouble.....

I use a different take. On a complete plan and having major changes, I will turn on all automatic, foundation, framing, just like if it was new and make the changes, then at some point turn off all the automatic stuff and finish. Some times you just have to redraw the whole thing, but you can charge for it, and you can copy things to the new plan to make it a lot simpler to do.