Import Text Styles?

mydog8it

I've finally gotten around to installing X7. I'm working on importing all of my settings, and I can't seem to figure out how to import my text styles. I've imported "default settings", "layer sets", "wall definitions" and "annotation sets," but the text defaults aren't updating. Am I missing something, or do I need to set these up manually?

Text defaults are per plan, not global for the program.  So each new project gets them whatever template is used to create it.   So look in your X6 Preferences to see what you were using for a default template.  Then either:

1. Use the same one in X7.  Or...
  2. Update your X6 template to match.

It's strange that importing annotation sets doesn't import all of the text settings for each. It makes sense that it should.

I don't recommend using a plan template from an older version, Wendy. I've experienced some glitches doing that in the past. 

I believe you will find that the Text Styles are carried with the Layer Set.  If you Export the Layer Set and then Import that Layer Set to another Plan the Text Styles should be there as well.

Note:  If you have Text Styles that are not assigned to any Layer Set in your Plan then Export/Import of the Layer Sets will not bring over the unused Text Styles.

There is no way to import or export your text styles by themselves.

If you import/export any other object that references a text style, such as a layer set or annotation set, then the text style should go with it.  If you have found a case where a referenced text style does not get transferred, then please report this to our tech support team so that we can look into it further.

I suspect that when you imported/exported your layer sets and annotation sets that the program transferred only the text styles it needed but not all of the ones you had in the plan.