Draw Water In Bath Tub

PCangel

I agree with Glenn.  This is pretty basic stuff.  You shouldn't expect other users to provide you with answers to simple questions if you haven't put in a little effort on your own to find a solution.  Glenn gave you the information you need to figure it out ... you just need to do what he suggested.

When I was learning (v7 ... before SSA), I purchased all the tutorial videos Chief had for sale and watched them many times.  I think I paid at least $200 for them back in 2001.  Now the tutorials are available via CA's website and Facebook.  If you're using X7 and have SSA, you should watch all the training videos Chief has, read all the Help Database articles, and as Glenn suggested, see what's in the manual about the current problem you are having trouble with.  F1 gets you there ... then do an index search on your subject.  In your case, you might look for something related to "applying materials" to and/or polyline solids.

I am not suggesting that you don't use ChiefTalk for getting your questions answered.  There are always things that even experienced users have a senior moment figuring out.  If that happens, it is better to let us know the things you've tried that didn't work rather than just asking us to answer your question or figure it out for you.  Most of us enjoy helping others, but it works much better if we know that when you've posted a question or problem, that you've gone a few extra yards in trying to solve it before posting here. 

Just a bit of constructive criticism.  Way back when I was learning to use Chief, I did the same thing a time or two and was told exactly the same thing by a power user who no longer posts on the forum.

Good luck.