Electric Outlet In Garage Ceiling

FREDPIEPER

I have drawn a 30 x 40 garage and wish to put electric outlets in the ceiling for the shop lights and garage openers. The Architect 2015 will not let me do it. Why? If I try from the standard view it places them in the floor with waterproof fixtures. If I use the floor camera and try to stick them on the ceiling it says I am not allowed to. Any work around?

Thanks,

Fred

BTW, Chief Architect also includes a ceiling mounted outlet in the library.  In my opinion, placing it from the library is much easier then opening up a floor mounted one and changing it to ceiling mounted.  If you do change a floor mounted one to ceiling mounted, then don't forget that you will also need to rotate the symbol around otherwise it will be facing into the ceiling.

Greg, Chief Inc also makes a consumer version of Chief Premier called "Home Designer" which has several titles in each version. Currently they are "Home Designer Pro, Home Designer Architectural , Home Designer Suite and Home Designer Interiors. The Home Designer Line of software is sold at COSTCO and other big box stores, Amazon.com and via the Home Designer Website.

DJP