Butt Seam Glass Corner

usingchief

I am befuddled. My task is to draw a corner of a room with a butt seam glass window. but can't figure out how to delete the vertical frame of a window and bring the glass to the corner of the room and to butt up against a glass panel 90 degrees from the first. I am sure it must be so easy but can't grasp the concept.  

I don't believe it's possible using Chief windows. However, if you would post a picture of exactly what you're trying to do (eg direct set window, commercial glass partition, etc) we could probably propose some work-arounds.

Probably the best one I have seen was done with the Pass-through window tool and a small invisible room. The glass in the windows are slabs. Don't forget to set your Plan Default to "Ignore Casing For Opening Resize" and turn off the frame on the pass-throughs.

Michael,

There's a bunch of videos out there dealing with this. I'll see if I can find a couple.

Check this google search page -should keep you busy for a while.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=corner%20window%20chief%20architect

..and a small reminder when looking for Chief answers techniques etc. Use google instead of the forum search just add Chief Architect to any term and you'll fin much more relevant info than the forum search.

I bet this is the easiest way with it! once you create the symbol, it is simply a window and not a big deal.

I think the symbol creation and placement needs advanced techniques.

I think people got confused on the concept, simply hope that helps.

Attached the link of the plan that contains the window.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxgCyu8dBKtcanZpYTMzWUxtdWs/edit?usp=docslist_api

post-2517-0-57953800-1428946996_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jon.

one interesting property of this corner window is, when you tick the "system to supply a rectangular casing" in the symbol spc dbx you see the casing on both windows automatically. But the annoying thing is that I don't know why chief assigns the glass material to the casing and seems it can't be assigned casing material independently.

The issue of framing, I think has no problem in accordance to chief's internal assumsions.it is the engineers task as for detail calks.in our area we use concrete structural framing and no problem to construct it. But since I am the structural engineer too, I understand timber structures and not difficult as such to apply struts and ties to support it. I don't know exactly but this issue was raised by a similar thread earlier.

This is just to remind the areas that need improvements in relation to this topic.

Thanks