Lighting Question

ACADuser

Alan - I think part of your answer is what will be used in the actual build.  Is there room in the ceiling above for recessed?

furniture placement also contributes to lighting placement.  I would not place lights just to suite Chief's rendering.  I would however

adjust them as needed to get a good render/ray trace.  You can always add 3D lights if needed. Also some sunlight coming in through those doors would be nice.

Thanks Dennis.

24" floor system above so lots of room for recess.

I'll place can lights in all the perimeter cells & maybe leave the center empty.

Haven't used 3d lighting yet. Too much to absorb in 4 or 5 month with CA. :)

Alan - the 3D light(s) can be of real value when you want to brighten a scene without playing with recessed lights.

I usually set them to not have shadows.  Placing 1 or 2 in a scene can work well.  All ray tracing is sort of an art form.

Not like turning on lights in real life.  You have to play/experiment some but it can be well worth it for the final results.

Good Luck!

I'll place can lights in all the perimeter cells & maybe leave the center empty.

I would place recessed cans in all the perimeter cell except the one above the TV.  I'd control the two closet to the TV on one switch and the rest on a second switch.  I never place lights above the TV.