How To Manually Changing Window Labels?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

Larry,

Are you using a different Label for each window?

If so, you can use the "Callout" and just rearrange the rows of the Schedule (move up or down) and the Labels will change to match.

Yes manual label for each window. I've got it looking OK now but would rather have this suggestion work. I'll try it.

OK, so after turning off the 'Use Callout...' I entered all the labels but the labels were in the wrong order on the schedule. I moved them around to their proper order and turned back on the 'Use Callout...". and it looks perfect. Must have been a combo of the two techniques.

Either way thanks Joe, Thanks Perry. I THINK I've got it figured out.

Larry,

Just the last technique would do it. 

The Schedule order totally controls the callouts.

Great to know Joe. In this case it's pretty unique as I need to skip a couple numbers in the proposed set of plans and I don't think anything short of manual labels and turning off the Use Callout...'.will work.

Great to know Joe. In this case it's pretty unique as I need to skip a couple numbers in the proposed set of plans and I don't think anything short of manual labels and turning off the Use Callout...'.will work.

I thought that might be the case.  You could maybe fool Chief by having some windows in a wall off to the side that don't show on the printed plans but that could be tricky.

What I do for my as-built, is just don't include them in the schedule and they will use the actual label of the window. Then when I'm ready to draw the remodeled plan I switch all my items, cabinets ,windows ,doors, to "Include in Schedule" and anything now drawn will be in the schedule. Existing items will not and you can modify the label on those to (E) linen or (E)3040 window. I also add an (E) and (N) to the labels of all items in the plan so it very easy to distinguish the difference. .

Another way to deal with the issue is to create the Master Window Schedule with all the windows.  Then create a CAD Detail from View.  You can delete specific data from that CAD Detail and send that to Layout instead of the Master.  Of course it won't be live, but it works.

Or, that way you could have "Existing Window Schedule" and "New Window Schedule.  You can even make some of the lines print in a lighter line weight and some darker.

Just to clarify a few things:

- Objects can display either a label or a schedule callout, but they can't display both. 

- By default, if you have a schedule, the object will display the schedule callout instead of the label.  You can change this behavior in the Schedule Specification dialog by turning off "Use Callout For Label".

- You can customize the object label to display pretty much anything you want, including assigning your own unique numbers to them.  You can then turn off the schedule callouts to display the label instead.  You can also turn off the schedule number column in the schedule and display the label column instead.  This will work as long as you don't care about the callout symbol being displayed.

- You can have a schedule with holes in the numbering sequence.  The technique for doing this is to create a place holder object, move the schedule rows around to get the ordering you want, and then delete the place holder object.  The schedule numbers should remain unless you use the renumber tool.  Take a look at the pictures below.  I want all of my windows labeled with even numbers only.  In the first one, I have a temporary wall with my place holder windows.  I ordered the rows so that my place holder windows are the odd ones.  In the second picture, I have deleted the temporary wall so that my schedule numbers are all even numbers.

post-26-0-27281200-1427911138_thumb.jpg

post-26-0-60735100-1427911145_thumb.jpg

Another way is to keep your as built plan separate from the remodeled plan in your layout with a separate window schedule for each. Scott does it that way but I like my way better. I combine them in the remodeled plan and just include or not include it in the schedule. also change outs can be noted that way and included in the schedule. I can do a video if you don't quite understand what I'm talking about.