Looking for advice on making a Church Worship room

ELMarshall

Working on making a worship room for a church and am need to make an elevated seating arrangement so that the farther back you go in the room the higher the seating is however I am having difficulties with finding a way to make the flooring elevate in the way that I need so I am looking for advice on the best way to go about it.

@ELMarshall

What kind of dimensions are we talking?  Wide and long or narrow and short?   Is a sloped floor an option?  You can always do "landings" per say too, but you'll need ramps to incorporated somehow too. 

Awesome though..  our church is having the same issue, not enough seats.  And that's a great thing!

I wonder if the stair tool could be used for something like this?

At first glance the tiered seating construction could just be seen as a "stair" with 3x deep treads and 3x tall riser height as the aisle stair it abuts?

Jim

I have been working on this and other things for churches for over 40 years. Just buy what you need. It is readily available.

1. You have given 0 relevant information on what you need. Pictures don't help this.

You need to know how many people are on the worship team, and how many are going to be on the elevated platform. Will there be more than one level? I have seen as many as five tiers for really big choirs, but you can even do more. Is this who the elevated area is for? Once you know that it is easy. You call it a "room," but I don't really think it is a room. 

2. People have been making tiered stage elevation platforms for the last two centuries, at the very least. They improve with time. Today's are excellent. Buy some. They are exactly what you need and they come in every height, width, and depth you can imagine. If you need tiers you stack them. They will even make them custom. Don't recreate. Use existing equipment that is readily available or you will eventually pay more. If you ever move you can take them with you. Oh, and they fold flat if you ever want to remove them for special occasions. You really do not need detail drawings of these. Floor plans are good enough for the company that makes them. Call them. 

I did a search for "stage platforms for singers"

Here is only one of the many websites that popped up: https://www.stagedrop.com/portable-staging?pi=2

Just because you can draw something doesn't mean you need to. Just go buy what you need. I have been working with church people for way too long. They are notorious for wanting what isn't real. You need to educate them on what they need or you will spend all your time running in circles. The other thing they are notorious for is unethical bid shopping. They do not know it is unethical. You need to educate them. 

Oh, one more thing. These things are beefy and strong. You could probably park a car on the big ones!

Gary

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2024 at 6:27 PM, ELMarshall said:

make an elevated seating arrangement

To add on to what others have mentioned:  You didn't say if this was all in one room, where as you could add platforms, or was there a corridor or rooms underneath these seats.

38 minutes ago, ChiefUserGLC said:

I have been working with church people for way too long. They are notorious for wanting what isn't real. You need to educate them on what they need or you will spend all your time running in circles. The other thing they are notorious for is unethical bid shopping. They do not know it is unethical. You need to educate them.

I'll take the down vote, I don't care.  But GLC you could have made your point wo this statement.  

It seems he doesn't want to use platforms like everyone else in the music industry. I assume he was the one who downvoted my suggestion, which, by the way, was excellent, AND the only downvote I have received since version 5. I have seen many people who just HAVE to design something that is already designed. I have never figured it out. Ego, I guess. 

MTLdesigns. I don't know what you mean. I was trying to help. Don't get me wrong. I still work with churches. Their general ignorance has nothing to do with the right outcome. In my church, for instance, there were over 2,000 people. but people that really understood anything like this? Maybe 5. So 5 out of 2,000. My point remains. This was not meant as an insult at all. I was trying to share my experience. Maybe my autism came through too much. I don't know. I was just trying to help. You can downvote this, too, if you like. Didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry if I was misunderstood. Because I clearly was. Just buy the stage platforms. They will save you tons of headaches. I'm done now. Downvote me for helping.