Revit equivalent of a RCP in a "realistic or rendered view style"

westvale

Hi friends,

I'm challenging a Revit course with Chief Architect and one of the things I have to provide is a "ceiling plan in a realistic or rendered view style".  I have no idea what this would look like.  I've done some digging online and found nothing.  Does anyone here know what that might look like and how to achieve it?

Cheers,

Julia

Hi guys, I'm sorry, in my world RCP mean Reflected Ceiling Plan and could also be referred to as a lighting plan.  I didn't realize RCP meant different things to different people.  I don't have an example of what they're looking for, that's what I'm on the hunt for, then I need to figure out how to create an equivalent with Chief.  They asked for a "realistic or rendered view style floor plan" and when I asked what that meant, they said "realistic or rendered view style means the floor plan is coloured and shows finishes, similar to hand-rendered floor plans except it should be done digitally".  They stopped answering my question when I asked them how this would apply to a ceiling plan and if my ceiling is entirely drywall painted white, I can't see the value of this image. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on how this would look in Revit. 

I had to look that up.  RCP = Reflected Ceiling Plan is an electrical plan view of the ceiling fixtures only - often called a lighting plan. 

I think I've been using the term wrong.  It's always been on jobs that had 2x2 or 2x4 grid ceilings.  I went back to a commercial project we did last year.  Our sprinkler guys used this page to mark up their proposed locations as well to make sure they didn't conflict with anything else planned for the ceiling.

image.thumb.png.05009ffb8800364925ab28fbedc77432.png

The term is actually used for any lighting plan, even on drywall ceilings.  I watched the video DB linked and I think your teacher's want a plan view of the lighting only and the 3D view of the interior space.

image.thumb.png.f0e05e0b49c4b6b366e43bcd572fd048.pngimage.thumb.png.7e43e52dee927edf19f23426121d65e4.png

At the 22:10 mark when the speaker is duplicating the tray over the kitchen islands, their floorplan view doesn't have the light layer turned on.  They keep switching to the 3D view and talking about the lights, but you can't see them in the 2D view.  Turning this layer on and having a legend would give you a "lighting plan" similar to what I've posted above, just not as busy.  Then a 3D view of the 2D area, like the left photo above would demonstrate a "realistic or rendered view style" of the RCP 2D view.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JiAngelo said:

I had to look that up.  RCP = Reflected Ceiling Plan is an electrical plan view of the ceiling fixtures only - often called a lighting plan. 

I think I've been using the term wrong.  It's always been on jobs that had 2x2 or 2x4 grid ceilings.  I went back to a commercial project we did last year.  Our sprinkler guys used this page to mark up their proposed locations as well to make sure they didn't conflict with anything else planned for the ceiling.

image.thumb.png.05009ffb8800364925ab28fbedc77432.png

The term is actually used for any lighting plan, even on drywall ceilings.  I watched the video DB linked and I think your teacher's want a plan view of the lighting only and the 3D view of the interior space.

image.thumb.png.f0e05e0b49c4b6b366e43bcd572fd048.pngimage.thumb.png.7e43e52dee927edf19f23426121d65e4.png

At the 22:10 mark when the speaker is duplicating the tray over the kitchen islands, their floorplan view doesn't have the light layer turned on.  They keep switching to the 3D view and talking about the lights, but you can't see them in the 2D view.  Turning this layer on and having a legend would give you a "lighting plan" similar to what I've posted above, just not as busy.  Then a 3D view of the 2D area, like the left photo above would demonstrate a "realistic or rendered view style" of the RCP 2D view.  

Thank you for taking the time to offer a solution to my problem JiAngelo - I appreciate it :)