Window trim

Benzarch

It's a "fairly" simple task to get the right look for side casings and lintels once you are familiar with the program, but we aren't discussing anything about the sill. I wish CA would do some work with their exterior (and interior) windowsills. There should be some type of setting for sill thickness, slope angle and whether there is a "subsill" or not for the exterior sill. 

Also, show me an actual window that has a window stool attach to the bottom of a window frame like the way CA places a sill (stool} on the inside of a window. They (CA) have been "building" their windows like this since "day one" and it's about time they make it right! I can't believe this doesn't bother anyone else. Sorry about the rant. I "need" my morning coffee. :)

2 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

It's a "fairly" simple task to get the right look for side casings and lintels once you are familiar with the program, but we aren't discussing anything about the sill. I wish CA would do some work with their exterior (and interior) windowsills. There should be some type of setting for sill thickness, slope angle and whether there is a "subsill" or not for the exterior sill. 

Also, show me an actual window that has a window stool attach to the bottom of a window frame like the way CA places a sill (stool} on the inside of a window. They (CA) have been "building" their windows like this since "day one" and it's about time they make it right! I can't believe this doesn't bother anyone else. Sorry about the rant. I "need" my morning coffee. :)

Draw a custom Sill profile how you want it...

Yes, that's how I do it now, but it would be great if this could be "built in" to the window specifications. When you have thirty or more windows of different sizes in a project it can be a PTA. This not only true for the exterior sill, but also the interior window stool. I wish I could understand where CA came up with the size and shape of the windowsill and stool that is built into the program now.