Lower Pony Wall line in plan view

mtldesigns

It looks like it will always draw a solid line when you are using "lower wall outline".  I think you can get what you want by changing to "upper wall and lower wall" and then setting up the lower wall to be dashed lines with either a solid fill style or no fill style.

image.thumb.png.0b666a2895e02c409e00c42e714c1463.png

This used to be a bit easier when we had line control of each side of the main layer. A simple workaround is to add a '0' thickness layer to the exterior of the main layer, all properties the same. Make the exterior line set by the layer, make the interior line dashed.

image.thumb.png.5674557a3cb465e719babcf54783b77c.png

5 hours ago, DBCooper said:

lower wall to be dashed lines

This only seemed to work when the layer was also dashed lines, I don't know why.  But, in retrospect, I don't want the 12" CMU wall dashed anyways, because I am using that by itself in other places and don't want the dashed.  What I did, is first, set up it to show both, then I drew a dashed line over that 12" extension, then just had the top wall show to get what I attached.  I have my section arrow AND dimensions right on it, so there should not be ANY confusion.  

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

when we had line control of each side of the main layer

I thought we did as well, that's I was looking for before I posted.  

Screenshot 2024-09-08 172030.png