Window Mullion setting

johnny

Hey Guys,

I'm curious if someone can point me in the right direction - for some reason in X16 (when using an older template) when i bump two windows together the mullion isn't correct.  To fix, i have to manually mull and then use the Mullion Depth setting (which only shows when manually mulled) to correct....on each window set.

Does anyone know a way to access the "default" setting of a mullion depth in the app?  Mullion depth doesn't show under default settings for windows - it only shows when i have a mulled window set.

window1.png

window2.png

4 hours ago, Garybills said:

Look up Mullion in Help and it shows that the Mullion depth can only be set when a mulled unit is selected. I don't see a default setting for it. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.13b9b2b2ca87b8348bb5668145e4d5c7.PNG

Thanks for the info.  I guess the issue is the app is behaving like I set that value to something other than default.  I used to be able to bump windows together without officially mulling them and the app would just use the same depth as the trim for the middle (auto) mullion.  Now it appears to be setting this value to -1/2".

9 hours ago, glennw said:

Default Settings>Window>Window Defaults>General>Minimum Separation.

Hi Glenn,

My window separation default is set for 3" (two 2x6) - and if I start a brand-new file (directly from Chief's template) the window default mullion depth action works fine when "bump" two or more windows together.  It uses whatever casing depth i have set.

What's happening (i believe) is there is a legacy file bug issue happening.  If we had the ability to set the mullion depth by default I could fix the problem, but since that option only is available upon manually mulling the windows....i basically have to mull each window set to resolve the problem.  I was going to reach out to Chief's tech support on this issue.  

3 hours ago, johnny said:

It uses whatever casing depth i have set.

What's happening (i believe) is there is a legacy file bug issue happening.  If we had the ability to set the mullion depth by default I could fix the problem, but since that option only is available upon manually mulling the windows....i basically have to mull each window set to resolve the problem.  I was going to reach out to Chief's tech support on this issue.  

In my use of Chief for all the X's I can recall, the default separation controls how windows bumped together are separated.  The Out Of Box (OOB) setting is 2".  That separation has nothing to do with casing width or depth.  Casing width comes into play only when bumping windows to a wall, and the window bump-stops when casings hit wall finish.

What exactly is the problem?  What will you be reporting to Chief as a suspected bug?